Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sm465 with 32 spline?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Robert79K5, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Robert79K5

Robert79K5 1/2 ton status

I keep going back and forth with my decision to convert to a manual transmission.. One of the reasons im not is that I dont want to hunt another np205 with a ten spline input. I read the post here about how the newer sm465s had 32 spline outputs. Is this the same spline that the automatics use?.. Basically if I found a newer sm465 with the 32 spline output will it bolt up to my np205 that is currently behind my th350? Thanks in advance guys /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Robert79K5

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I keep going back and forth with my decision to convert to a manual transmission.. One of the reasons im not is that I dont want to hunt another np205 with a ten spline input. I read the post here about how the newer sm465s had 32 spline outputs. Is this the same spline that the automatics use?.. Basically if I found a newer sm465 with the 32 spline output will it bolt up to my np205 that is currently behind my th350? Thanks in advance guys /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No as the 205 behind your TH350 is a 27 spline unit if stock.

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Good luck finding a 32 spline 205 that goes behind a 465. My search has become fruitless here in the past few days. But like 70-K5 said, your 205 that you have now will not work behind any 465 unless you swap out the input shaft on it.

5. Robert79K5

Rats! I was hoping that would be an easy conversion.. Oh well I looked for an adapter on Advance adapters website but didnt see anything.. I ordered their catalog so maby Ill get some good luck there.. Thanks for the input!

6. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I seriously doubt Advanced Adapters makes an adapt for this, seeing as how this configuration was offered from the factory. They mostly do one-off things that were never originally made. If you're really hard up to do it, contact Stephen at Offroad Design. There's a good chance that he has this input shaft laying around.