Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SM465 with a 1990 Vette L-98 Part II: Cluctch linkage clearance?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 72Blazerod, Jul 3, 2002.

1. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

Okay, I checked the block of my '72 engine and the block of the 1990 engine and both appear to have the threaded hole which holds (supports) some of the clutch linkage. Now my only problem is that the Corvette exhaust manifold comes down and completely covers this hole. Do you guys know of any aftermarket headers or such for a Corvette that do not come down and block this hole on the engine block? If not, what will I need to go hydraulic? What is the cost? My wife is already fuming about how much it is going to cost just to get the TPI going.

Thanks for your continued help!
    /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Rod /forums/images/icons/confused.gif
    /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">It would probably be easier to go hydraulic. You can do it with circle track parts for around $40 I heard, or you could use stock S10 parts.

I'm going TPI too, I lost track of how much it's costing me to get this thing running (by the 12th, and it's still all apart /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif ) Just don't tell the wife how much everything costs /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

the block mount is not used in truck applications IIRC
    the clutch pivot for trucks is on the bell

4. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

What year did the mount move from the block? Because I know that mine is connected to the block when I replaced the clutch two years ago and this morning when I went to take another look it was there. I do believe that on first gen.s anyway, that the clutch ball pivot stud screws directly into the block. I don't know what IIRC stands for but my '72 has the ball pivot right in the block.

Rod

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">I just took my driver's side header off the other night to put in the O2 sensor and the pivot was on the block