Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Small Block Cam Berings......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89BlazerK5, Aug 20, 2003.

1. 89BlazerK5

89BlazerK5 1/2 ton status

got my engine back from the machine shop today.

the oil holes for the front cam berings..... are they supposed to be on the top or on the bottom???
    the rear hole is on the bottom, the middle 3 are on the top. and the front one has to holes about 60 degrees apart, and i have a feeling the front cam bering was installed upside down. the holes face downward right now. the other 4 i can stick a paper clip all the way through the bering, but the front one seems like theres no holes where the bering holes are. so, are the 2 holes for the front cam bering on the top or bottom. you'd think they'd be on the top because the timing chain is pulling the front down.

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The block has a full round machined groove in the block and it really doesn't matter which way they are installed so long as the hole intersects with the groove in the block. I always install the cam bearings so the oil hole is lined up with the main bearing oil hole so the cam bearings get oil faster.