Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Small business loan questions?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blaze, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I have been looking for a project car to build up to showcase my f-body parts business. I have an 85 Firebird I was gonna use, but it is basically just a body with potential. I found a guy getting divorced and he is selling his 89 RS Camaro with a LS1/4L60E conversion for $2500. I told him I'd take it if I can secure the loan. I have about $3k worth of parts I am going to list on eBay, but I need the money faster than I can sell the parts. How hard would it be to get a $2500 loan and then pay it off in about 3 months or so? This car is just too sweet to pass up, but I'm afraid if I have to wait too long, I will miss the deal.

Someone buy my 79 and 81 TAs! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

A lot of banks will give you an unsecured loan, which requires no collateral. It is given based on your credit. It will have a significantly higher interest rate than a normal loan, but you can have the money in your account the same day. Of course if your credit sucks then you won't get it.

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I have excellent credit, but my business really has no credit. I am an LLC, so my personal credit and my business credit are independent.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the guy. I may end up just selling my stuff and saving the money to drop an LS1 into my 85 Firebird.

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

You could always buy the car on your personal credit and sell it to your business on payments over the next 3 months... Wonder what the notary guy would think about a contract made out that both parties have the same person signing for both sides /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

That's one of the good things about having a corporation. Even an LLC. You can do that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif That would be funny. If only my sister wasn't married, she could notarize it and there would be Schochs all over the title!

BTW, no way I can buy it on my personal credit, Kelly would kill me. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif