Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Small Electrical Problem 89 Burb

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigreid, Feb 18, 2003.

1. bigreid

bigreid Registered Member

My interior lights do not come on when I open either of my front doors or barn door. The interior lights do come on when I open my second set. Is there something I can check before I tear out too much?
    Thanks,
    Adam /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

were they working then suddenly stopped or has it been this way for a while?

My drivers door doesn't turn them on, unless I tap the pin. It's wore smooth out. Not a real big deal to me.

I would suspect, if it was the wiring, that since your back two doors work, the barn doors would as well. Just my $0.02 though...

3. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Sounds like your middle doors pin switches are working and one of or both of the front pin switches is bad, the barn door switch is also probably bad, when mybarn door switch went out the front door still worked. The swithes for the front are easy to find at most auto parts stores, but the barn door switch I could not find except at the dealer.
    Jay