Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

small engine questions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nc87k5, Aug 18, 2005.

1. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

if anyone has knowledge of lawn mower engines, send me a pm. I have several questions. TIA.

2. Kiwi John

Kiwi John 1/2 ton status

PM'd ya. :D

3. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah, dont put water in the oil , or oil in the water, and NEVER wash the engine with soap, like my dumb ass father in law did :D :haha:

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Dont use "Castrol SUPER CLEAN" on mowers!

I washed ALL the paint off a nearly brand new mower engine by using Castrol "Super Clean" on the engine!--it eats into the magneseuim alloy the block is made of too,so be careful not to leave it on more than one minite or you will have a naked engine!...stuff cleans great--sometimes TOO good! :eek1:

I used to fix lawnmowers for a living--but I am only experienced with mostly older engines,briggs and stratton and tecumseh for the most part..some Wisconsin and Clinton engines too..havent had to fix any Honda or Kawasaki engines,they never seen to break down!...cant say I miss fixing them much,or the smell of stale gasoline that turned to varnish--or worse,two cylce gas/oil mix..--or the poison ivy from handling the blades.. :mad: :crazy: