Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

small fun !

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by riz, Oct 19, 2000.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>Well, It's getting to be that time of year again here in Wisconsin.......modelling season ! I'm currently working on a 55-57 Chevy pickup on a 4x4 chassis with about 8" of scaled lift and 38" super swampers. I've always liked the look of those old trucks lifted up, so I decided to build my own. I'm also working on my Blazer kit yet, I will put pics up here if anybody is interested in seeing them. I hope it's o.k. to discuss this, I remember a few of you guys asking about models a while back and I get into them real big this time of year, I find it relaxing and creative. Also, if you guys are looking for Blazer kits, I might be able to help get one into your hands, I've been modeling since I was a kid and have gotten pretty extreme in what I do to them. I've done actual working lights, working hydraulics, models with sound systems, etc...I plan out what I'm going to do before I even open the box. I like the challenge I guess. Feel free to e-mail me anytime about building models.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Hey its good to have more then 1 hobby. Its been many years since I've even thought of doing a model, but that sounds like a heck of an idea. I think I'll see whats laying around at the local Hobby Lobby. Thanx for sharing. Later

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I'm just getting everything laid out to work on as we speak, I try and post what I've done if anybody wants to see ?

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

4. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

im interested in seeing this thing...

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

6. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Hey Riz, dude, where do you get the model Blazers, the lift, and the Swampers?? I'm a big modeler too, but I only build airplanes, because that's what I'm into. If I had a Blazer model I'd build it, because I see no reason to build car models. Let me know. Thanks

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

7. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Good God, that computer must be huge, oh wait a minute, thats a model. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

8. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>I make the lifts out of sheet styrene, it comes in square,round,sheet, you name it. You can't scratch build without it. It's the best. I can check around for a Blazer kit at my local hobby shops, they might have one. I get the swampers from my hobby shop, usually in stock all the time unless I buy him out of them. I included a slightly blurred pic of the Blazer I'm working on too. It's got a ways to go yet as well but then Wisconsin winters are long !</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

9. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Thats pretty awesome. I want to make a model sometime, just gotta find one.

90K5

10. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

11. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

AMEN!!!

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

12. CK5

Hey it looks like the model of the Blazer sags a little in the back just like the real thing. [​IMG] Who makes the Blazer model that is cool.

[​IMG]

13. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>Way to go Steve, you noticed the sag I put in the rear. I did it for realism. Monogram made the kit. It has a copyright of 1978 and is kit # 2238. They can still be found at swap meets and such, I usually scoop them up as soon as I see them. They sell anywhere from 10.00 to 40.00 depending how big of a money grubber you're dealing with. I down play my excitement and get them for 15.00 to 20.00. Let me remind you, that isn't the way the kit is built right out of the box, I do modify all my models. I pretty much throw the instructions away and do my own thing with them!</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

14. CK5

Hey, when you get her done, take some pics, maybe you could put a tech article or spotlight article together and I can post on the front page, it would be something a little different.

[​IMG]

15. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>I'd like that a lot Steve ! Just wait until you see the window stickers I have planned for it ! I'm sure you'll like them !</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

16. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Riz,
    when you say styrene as in like the cups? Obiviously it is probally thicker.

do you carv body lift blocks, or am i missing something?

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

17. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Riz,
    I have the same ? about the styrene. Also, what model company makes the Blazer and who makes the Swampers. What kind of Swampers are they?? In other words, can you get Boggers, etc.?? I'd really like to find one, but honestly, I don't know where to start looking first. HAHA Thanks.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

18. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, look here;
    [​IMG]
    I know it is a small pic, but if you look close there is no seam between the cab and box!
    Goto http://www.revell-monogram.com, here is the info from the web site;
    Model 2584
    Scale 1/24
    Skill Level 2
    Glue
    MSRP 12.25
    "Take a classic Chevy pickup, add a high riding, monster 4x4 suspension to it, and you're ready for anything. Features: High-rise suspension and massive Ground Hawg tires."

Jeff427
    <font color=red>Mud Dog Off Road Club</font color=red>
    http://muddogoffroad.coloradok5.com

19. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

20. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status