Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

small lift for a 72

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hailey, Nov 28, 2002.

1. hailey

hailey Registered Member

Does any one know who makes a 2 or 3 inch suspension lift? I want to run 33s, but don't really want to go to the trouble of a 4 inch and possibly having to do everything that goes along with it (steering, driveshaft...). It is my daily driver, but will see mud and trails. thanks.

hailey

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

rancho makes a 2.5in lift thats what im running and am very happy with it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. naranja72

naranja72 1/2 ton status

Offroad Design carries a 2" lift from Tuff Country, it's an EZ Ride system which means a softer ride. That's what I'm going to be putting on my truck. Hope this helps.

Marc

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I don't know about first gens, but my 74 had saggy butt so I went with a 3" in back and 2" in front from Tuff country EZ rides... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. PGL4VT

PGL4VT Registered Member

I put a 2.5" Skyjacker on mine with springs all the way around. It looked like the rear was sagging even though it wasn't. It appears to be because the front fenders are cut higher at the top of the arch. The lift kind of magnified that look so I added a 1" block in the rear in addition to the springs. Looks level now and I run 33's on a 15 by 10 rim.

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I did a 4" kit and did no driveshaft modifications. I did use a lifted steering arm however. For 33s you almost don't even need a lift on the '67-'72s If you use the right wheel and tire combo. it can be done. Otherwise I would recommend to you a 2.5" kit by Tuff country, Trailmaster, or even Superlift.

7. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

I put a 4 inch on my 71 K20 with no modifications at all. Brake lines, steering arm are all stock and I haven't had any problems at all. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

If you put those 33's on a set of 8" rims you shouldn't need any lift at all.