Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Small Problem holding me up.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tiger9297, Mar 20, 2005.

1. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I know this is petty but..... Have a '90 K5. Have dashboard out to install new stereo, speakers, and repainting dash while it's out. I found a single light hanging behind the stereo. First I thought that it may plug into back of a/c controller but can't find a place where it would go. Traced the wire back and it attaches to the top of the cigarette lighter assembly. I'm at a loss for where this light goes. Yes I'm a neat freak and I don't want to put everything back together knowing this one little bulb is hanging back there and is NOT where it should be. I have tried the Haynes manual and not much there. I have turned the lights on and everything in the dash lights up as normal. Anyone have a clue where this thing goes? :confused:

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'd say it's for the ashtray, every vehicle I've worked on stero wise has had a light in the ashtray

Just like the glovebox light, you know?

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It is a fiber optic light for the ashtray.

4. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

It probably is from the ashtray, but where does the bulb plug in?

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

The bulb plugs into the guage cluster. I can't remember what the bulb itself is for, But it goes to the cluster and the fiber optic goes to ashtray.

6. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

that is my problem. I can't find where the bulb plugs into. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. little things can be such a PITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( If I weren't such a neat freak I'd just say the heck w/ it and put it back together. I just can't do it. :blush:

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

the back side of the cluster at the closest point to the center of dash to reach the ashtray. but if you dont smoke then put in a regular bild socket and leave it out.