Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Small things that just make you want to beat the crap out of someone/thing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Mar 14, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I suddenly lose the title to my '74 Jimmy now that I'm trying to sell it.

Then, what do you know, the key disappears off my main key ring where I put it so I wouldn't lose it.

Then my mom needs to get her Dakota out of the carport, which is blocked in by the Jimmy. I manually disconnect the shifter linkage and push the Jimmy back. Of course, the tires are cranked the wrong way and it wont steer so it only goes so far back, making little clearance room. I carefully pull out the Dakota, and despite being the slowest and most careful person watching every part, I still put a dent and scratch in the side of the '05 Dakota's pass side rear door.

I rarely EVER rub against anything or cause scratches. I just about went off and lost it. I should have just hooked up to the Jimmy sideways and drug it across the driveway, but instead I just started just yanking at the car port and moved it over so I could get out the rest of the way with .005" to spare.

Current expenditures from re-possessing the Jimmy:
    $300 cash in unpaid balance
    $150 in two 200 mile round trips trips to physically repossess it
    $ ___ cost to repair '05 Dakota door
    $ ___ time to change out ignition key switch
    $ ___ cost to apply for lost title

Who wants to buy a '74 Jimmy worth $600 for $1500. By the time I add up all the hassles associated with it being around and in my way, I may as well have just taken the $300 loss to begin with.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hey, remember there buddy, you got me!

"Oh man, i just got a fender dent! I wonder what RJ is doing...? I better send him a present"

Cheer up!

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If the title dissapeared, then the keys dissapeared, I'd be worried someone was tryin' too steal it.

4. mountainexplorer

The thing is, neither key or title was not where anyone could get to them or steal them. One day it was on my key ring, and then it just wasn't.

This is my week to get sick and tired of things and people. My new seal and un-worn harmonic balancer I just replaced leaks oil worse than the old dried out seal and grooved balancer. I tried stepping in to help on a motor sale dispute between two people to help them solve that. I have money invested in a deal that looks like it's falling through. My SB400 is going to cost me alot to re-do.

Last weekend we had two friends of mine get in a short worded name calling dispute, which won't be forgotten. I had one tire from a set that I got and then resold that ended up having gashes in it we never noticed, so I had to buy it back.

Now, our renters, friends of mine, haven't paid rent and never have enough time to come talk to us about whats going on or even tell any excuses. I never bring it up cause it's not my responsibility to keep asking for something that was agreed upon (rent).

I want to go up to my land and get away from all the BS.

5. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

My wife believes (and I'm starting to) that everything happens for a reason. Maybe next year you'll be so opposite from now that it will all be forgotten or at least laughed at!

6. Resurrection_Joe

I vote ghosts

OR

You have an insane reality break, and you're fighting yourself when you think you're sleeping

7. mountainexplorer

I believe the same thing. I don't mean to be a complainer. Many people have very much worse off things to worry about. Maybe its also partly my deep down phsychological part remembering that this week in 1997 was when my dad passed away.

Things always happen that are hinderances, and cause plans to get screwed up, or are just plain bad. I know I'll always get through them. Life goes on.

Its just sometimes I think I may even have an issue. I get in these moods where I loose motivation, progress ceases, and I just don't want to talk with anyone about anything (call me later when I'm in the mood to talk). Today all I've done all day before work is change a power steering pump. I have motors to swap, fenders to change, whole bodies to unbolt and swap... and I really just don't care right now.

8. Resurrection_Joe

Welcome to brun out country buddy, I've been sitting in the darkness of it for months

Feel free to call meeeeee, I've always wanted tot alk to a caveman

9. mountainexplorer

I'm a writer more than a talker. Even right now, I'm writing a letter to our renters.

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i'm with RJ... burnout land... so tired of being in debt, sitting on a pile of parts that doesnt move, and a few other major projects to undertake. there's a really good chance that my trail rig will be getting parted out. just need to take a break for a while, and who knows what my next project will be. just step back, take a break for a few days, and see if it gets any better. as for the situation with losing your dad, i know where you're comin from. dont think about how sad you are that he's gone, think of all the good times you had with him. always makes me feel better when i think about my grandpa. he was my best friend, still is, and always will be. i miss him dearly, but all those good memories keep me going alot of the time.