Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

small white wire near fuel tank

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Jan 12, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ok today when we were rmeoving the entire old body off the 82 k-10 i ran across a small white wire that was going into the driver side end of one of the front-most bed floor supprt channels(bed bolts go straight down through these ) that runs across width of underside of bed floor skin

i dont think ive ever run across this before on a 73-87, and ive taken a billion of them apart now, tons,

this wire runs from said bed floor support channel over to driver frame rail and then to and through the driver side rocker panel and inside cab there with rest of wires that run under door sill plate

i yanked it out of the bed floor channel it was stuck in there good and came off of whatever it was hooked or stuck on, i dont know what, if anything, especially insid eof a bed floor support channel

wierd,,,

its an 82 silverado k-10 short fleet, stock original factory single tank on driver side, and 305 700r4 208 originally

any ideas ?

thanks

2. tunedportk5

tunedportk5 1/2 ton status

white wire mainly has to do with the ground side of the dome lite, cargo lite.
    may also be the ground for trialer

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yeah i know that but theres no dome light under the bed, so...

the wire goes through the rocker panel and under the bed ?

hmm

thanks