Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Smallest size for offroad area

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MrArmyAnt, Nov 1, 2005.

1. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    Thinking about buying some property in west texas, how many acres should i reserve for offroad use? say to open an offroad park?

2. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

That totally depends on how many people you plan on letting in at one time. I mean 20 acres would be fun for 1-5 trucks, but you would probobly need 400-500+ if you plan on getting 50+ trucks at once in there.

Now i know people will argue with my figures, but tell the truth, do you want to be the 10th truck in line on a trail with a jeep with 3" of lift and 33's in front of you holding you up????? I think the more ground the better, ya know letter people do their own thing!!!

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

we have a county offroad part that is like 250 acres driveable (400 total with swamps and ponds) its ok, in 1 day you can hit everything and some stuff twice (to get to other parts) you can fit alot of trucks in there and not get too crouded. its probably the absolute smallest i would go with if your starting a park. i go there 2 maybe 3 times a year because its so small. it changes enough between trips to keep it interesting.

4. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

What kind of terrain are you talking about? I have access to about 200 acres of timber land with some trails. These are pretty much on level ground with some small creeks and hills. I can't see this being much fun for many unless all you want is mud. If it had some elevation change I would consider maybe 5 to 8 trucks at a time. At least twice the size would be necessary for an area to get people to pay for, unless it is really convenient. Even at that it could get old enough after three or four trips. It will need diversity which you can't get on a small area. Sorry for the long post, I have studied many ways to build one near here. Hope it works. :waytogo:

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Like they say. It is all dependent on terrain. If you have some really difficult boulder fields and rockcrawling then 1 trail could be 1/2 mile long and take all day. That would mean you could probably fit 3-4 trails on 160 acres of land. If you want trails for trailriding then you are going to need alot more land.

Harley

6. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    elevation changes on 400 acres are as extreme as 3000 feet.

7. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Well, 640 acres is a square mile, so a complete circuit around the outside would be 4 miles. I think that would be my minimum, given the finances to do so.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Where at in West Texas???????????? :D