Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Smashed mine too--kinda

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Aug 23, 2001.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Going around a blind curve in my truck today. Go around to see an S10 stopped on my side of the road. Plowed into him at about 20 mph. Looked to be about $3-4k in damage to his truck.

Not a scratch on mine. Pushbar went straight through everything above his bumper.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Check mine out just click on MY vehicles and blazer pics

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs locked front.Other cars 69 Firebird w/525 hp,and 70 GTO <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>MY vehicles</a>

3. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

fine you win desert dueler did you have full coverage
    84-chevy-k10 don't you feel lucky look at my frame

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by blazentank on 08/23/01 02:57 PM.</FONT></P>

4. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

You aren't having too much luck huh tim?? lots of smashing going on, hope your luck turns around for ya
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=bad</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com>www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com</a>

5. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Perhaps you should upgrade to 1 ton axles with bigger brakes. It really made mine stop a lot better.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

6. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

After I rebuilt my carb, I took it out for a test ride. I've got a SB350 with a turbo 350 tranni.

Anyway, I'm cruising about 25mph and I floor i t to test the carb. It kicked in and jumped up to about 50 in no time, I was very pleased [​IMG]
    I take my foot off the gas and the throttle is stuck wide open [​IMG] I slammed the gas pedal about 4 times but it wasn't coming up so I jacked on the brakes. I fully believe that if I didn't have 1 Ton brakes on my 14B FF, I would have smashed this car coming the other way. Even with the throttle stuck wide open, those big drums were slowing me down.
    I ended up turning the key off, shifting to neutral , and coasting to the side of the road.

So ..... 1-Ton brakes definitely saved me from an accident!

Thomas.

BTW: The darn cruise control rod got stuck and that's why the throttle stuck.

-- '84 K5 Blazer --

7. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Yes I did have full coverage on it. They gave me 8 grand for it. I bought it back from them for 500 bucks

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs locked front.Other cars 69 Firebird w/525 hp,and 70 GTO <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>MY vehicles</a>

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Sounds like my accident... watch out they don't try to sue you for fake back pain and lie. I'm loving my $2200 a year car insurance due to them lying.... yuck! Least you are ok and your truck is too...

How can I miss you if you won't go away? [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; 1 Timothy 4:12 &gt;&lt;&gt;