Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

smitty built rollcage

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shupach, Apr 19, 2001.

1. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

how does this rollcage fair? it has 2in X .120 wall steel tubing, how strong is that and will it hold up incase of rollover?

thanks

phill
    76 K5 full convertiblle
    http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/gmc2500sub

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Yes, it is fine for rollovers, as long as your floorboards are not all rusted out and weak. You can always make connections to the frame to really strengthen it, but if your floor is in good shape you should be fine. I have the smittybilt center hoop, rear kickers and the front weld-in cage and I am happy with them. I made some sandwich plates and that REALLY tightened it up. I also plan to have a rear cage welded in to complete it...just need money and time! For the money, the Smittybilt is a fine roll bar...I just sold one of the cages to another K5 member (we sell them here at work), got him a good deal...if you are interested, let me know keith@autoaccessory.com

Keith