Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Smittybilt bumpers??????????????????????????????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tayv, Oct 22, 2003.

1. tayv

tayv Registered Member

I was going to order the tube bumpers with winch mount and the rear with tow. I was wondering if any of you guys have these and if you like them? I am not going to be running into anything to harsh. But I do want them to fit well and look good. And does any winch fit in those? is there certain ones that cont? I am getting both brand new delivered for $450 through my dealershio I work for

2. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Cant speak for the bumpers, but I had Smittlybuilt nerf bars on my last k5, and they didnt hold up very well. Then again I was awfully hard on them. I'd compare the thickness with other brands. 4x4iron.com lists the thickness of their materials. Compare.

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Cheaper is not always better /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Look into 4x4 iron, offroad design, and some other companies before you committ. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

IMHO, for that kind of money you can have a custom bumper that will actually take some abuse. Not anything against Smittybuilt, but a custom built will be alot sturdier.

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Trade the M in Smitty for a H, and well, that's my opinion on how well they made bumpers... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

CHEVYCAGAL is right, i wouldn't put e'm on my truck even if they were free. i had a light bar (fake roll bar) it rotted out in one year /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I just got this one used. Not sure if they make it anymore or not, but it is actually much stronger than any other smittybilt products I have seen. Looks ok to me.

[​IMG]