Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Smittybuilt Roll Bar

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, Mar 21, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Does any one have pics of there roll bar? I am curious to see what they look like and exactly where did you mount them. I was at the bone yard and I found one in a 79' Bronco, I picked it up for ten buck, it needs a little paint and some minor mods to get it to bolt in right, but for ten bucks I couldnt go wrong. Thanks....

2. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

If you check out m web page you can see some pics of the one I'm working on. I'll try and post some more today.

www.users.uswest.net/~trojan

3. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

o.k. here is the deal, I have a feeling the rool bar I bought is the stock type that goes all the way in the back. It has 2 short arms that come off and go to the wheelwell. The truck I found it in had it up in front behind the drivers heads. Does any one have any pictures of what the stock roll bar in the back looks like? I dont know maybe it is just a old style for broncos but it doesnt look anything like the smittybuilt for blazers?? any insight you guys might be able to shed would be great. Thanks

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I would loose the idea that your going to be able to buy a cage from a catalog! Only some bolt togethers are out there.
    They are very week and don't fit tight at all(my buddy had one).
    I had a local pipe bender make a full cage for me and it is completely welded up!!
    Save your money and hire someone to help you make the cage that will save your neck!
    Thoes prety chrome ones SUCK!
    Good luck
    Burt4x4

Rock ON!

5. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Hey Moose, isn't that drivers side mount going to interfere with your left leg? Looks like it's a tight fit? Otherwise I like that setup. Where is Geiser Bros located? Think they'd do a custom set of nurfs for me?

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com