Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

smog check tomorow...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, Feb 18, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

going to get my rig smogged first thing in the morning. Bad times!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif hope i pass! I gotta make sure i run it on the freeway for a lil while to get it up to temp... and then get to the smog place right when it opens. Shouldnt be to busy on tuesday morning... right? lol! wish me luck! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Smog check.. DEQ /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Oh yeah that's fer you city folk LOL
    After all the work you have done to it I hope all goes well with it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jekbrown

lol, yeah, it would suck azz if I didnt pass. Well... time to go warm her up... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

4. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Get it good and warm. I had no problems last September /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Good Luck

5. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

I'm glad I have family in Tillamook (where I have my truck registered) so I dont have to go through that DEQ crap. good luck hope she passes with flyin colors /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. jekbrown

damn it, couldnt make it to the smog place today. Original plan was to be there right when they opened. I took my rig for a little spin and come to find out that my ff14 was getting hot... guess the gears still arent broken in. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif guess this weekend I'll drive on em a bunch to get em goooood and broke in like they are sposed to be.... then I can get the engine runnin nice and hot so I make sure I pass. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

7. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

dude when i had my gears setup, all the guy did was drive the truck to Gresham offroad from boring, then i picked it up and drove to my house in hillsboro, it gets hot cuz of the bearing preload or something like that, thats what the guy told me.......

8. jekbrown

yeah, well... i didnt drive that many miles, and when i got home my breather tube (which was pressed against the top of the housing) was smoking just a little. the diff got pretty dang hot. I was worried about it for a min there, but everything seems to be ok now. Anyway, Ill make sure those suckers r broke in this weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

A friend of mine had a rear axle rebuilt and was told to go 10-15 miles and stop for an hour for the first 500 miles... Worked out good for him because he lived about 15 miles from work and just went back and forth to work for a few weeks.

10. jekbrown

yeah, Im gonna drive about 5 miles from home... then 5 miles back... work on my rig for an hour or 2, then head back out and do the same thing.... repeat all day. This way, hopefully, I'll get lots of other lil nick-nack things done at the same time. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

11. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Ditto
    If it is getting hot after a few miles I would crack it open and recheck everything.
    Break in...
    If it is set up right, fill it with lube and go.
    [ QUOTE ]
    yeah, well... i didnt drive that many miles, and when i got home my breather tube (which was pressed against the top of the housing) was smoking just a little. the diff got pretty dang hot

[/ QUOTE ]
    Something is not right. I would crack it open and check it out before it gets exspensive. Just my 2 cents.

12. jekbrown

sounds like a plan... hopefully shes ok. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j