Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

smog crap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevyman562, Mar 2, 2003.

1. chevyman562

chevyman562 Registered Member

Does anyone now when smog pumps and computer controlled carbs were added to chevys?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Cars are fairly easy, trucks are difficult. Cars and trucks both had emissions based on destination, but trucks also had GVW figured in, as well as overall different emissions standards.

Cars started getting AIR pumps back in the 60's, and all US GM carbed cars had CCC (the computer controlled carb system) starting in 1981, while *some* (seems to be quite uncommon) trucks had that system at least as early as 1985.

Things such as ESC and dual capacity pumps were present on the trucks starting in about '81 as well, but again, don't think that was "standard" that early.

3. ed1507

ed1507 Registered Member

i be;eve 1976 was the first year any thing was added and i think it took place mid yr that yr

4. BlazinRojo

BlazinRojo 1/2 ton status

All K5 Blazers in California had the CCC and E4ME Rochester Quardajet in '83, don't know if it was around before that or not.