Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

smog equip. on an '84 5.7

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mike's '84, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Mike's '84

Mike's '84 Registered Member

smog equip. on an \'84 5.7

I'm a newby here...just got an 84 K5 that is soo clean it scares me. I mean the frame rails and all the crossovers have been wiped down regularly. Perfect inside and out. I will be posting pics as soon as I can.

My qeustion...Only the left (driver) side of the engine has air injection...I have never seen that. Was that the way they came out?? Also what is the HP rating on this engine?? Thanks...

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: smog equip. on an \'84 5.7

This should get you started on the HP answer http://www.slosh.com/cars/brochures/ although I think your answer is also in the tech section on this site.

As to AIR, I've never seen it on 1/2 of the engine. Doesn't make much sense, my '83's was on both sides, but vertainly seems like it would be more work to remove HALF of the system than all of it, and less gain as well. Odd. Probably still pass visual though. : ) A good explanation might be a cracked exhaust manifold, and the replacement isn't set up for AIR. Check for pipe plugs in the non AIR side exhaust manifold.

3. Mike's '84

Mike's '84 Registered Member

Re: smog equip. on an \'84 5.7

Yup you nailed it...the car lot that had it "took care" of the smog cert. But I looked closer and there were the plugs. All four of them. I'll have to take care of that...

Or just go to the same place the dealer did... Thanks Dorian...