Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Smog Help???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DSRTDOG, Nov 11, 2006.

1. DSRTDOG

DSRTDOG Registered Member

I have a 87 blazer that i finally got together 6" lift 35x12 BFGs 305,700r4 and np235. Went to DMV to register and i have to smog..... the 305 block is an older block but every thing else is the same.. i hope..lol.. i dont know exactly what emission system goes on for it to pass visual. looked on line but no diagrams, does any one have a diagram or lead me to where i can get help. thanks

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Mine is a 350 but it has the tube from the exhaust to the intake to get warm air to the intake that is required. I also have an air pump with air injection to the exhaust manifolds as well as EGR. You will also need a CAT. Readymix has an 87 with 305 and his passed so maybe he will have more info. I do not have any diagrams.

Ira

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Go to your closest smog station and have them look up in their book what is required for your rig then go home and install said items.

Just as a reference, my 89 has EGR, PCV, TAC, Charcoal cannister, and CAT converter.

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

OOOPS I forgot about these. I have them also.

Ira