Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

smog or fog over NYC ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Sep 11, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

im watching some of the 911 remembrances right now and seeing alot of smog or fog, its the morning still, so it could be either, im curious. i assume fog though.

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Fog, it'll be gone soon if it's not already. You don't really see the smog unless it's super-humid out.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

neat, whats typical early morning temps over there ? relative humidity ?
    dewpoint ?

its always high rel. humidity here and real low dewpoints normally and lately been around 50-70 atnight, but soon will be in the 40s at night starting in a couplenights from tonight. here comes winter soon, already. eek /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif any day now the leaves will drop off quickly, usually happens overnight.

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Dude, I don't have a clue. I wear the exact same clothing style year round, I just notice some days it's unreal-stuffy/hot outside, or some days it's super cold. I'm guessing those are summer then winter days, and stuff in between...

On real humid days, though, I can see smog from my train riding into the city. Although humid=wet-air=cloud=fog... Maybe I just think it's smog... Summer mornings, early enough, you can see the fog, though, that's pretty cool.