Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

smog stuff

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mdm365, May 6, 2002.

1. mdm365

mdm365 1/2 ton status

I know some one has a 1977 blazer out there and I hope someone can help I changed the engine from 6 cyl to a v-8 on the six there was no smog stuff at all and its time for the smog my question is what if any comes with a 77 with the v-8.a.i.r pump or converter ect? thanks mike.

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Your best bet would be to ask a smog shop what is required.Go in and tell them your engine size,year,make,model,and weather its a Ca or federal vehicle,and they can look in there book and tell you exactly what they want.This way there are no surprises /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. wheelnut46

wheelnut46 1/2 ton status

My 77 GMC Jimmy has no smog stuff at all. It is completely stock except for the part time kit in the 203. The way it was explained to me was that the 3/4 ton and Jimmys (Blazers) had the heavy duty emmisions (regular gas, no cat, etc.) but for whatever reason the 1/2 ton pickups had cats. It didnt make much sense to me but it was told to me by the guy at the inspection station who inspects all my cars so... I was glad for the answer that I had been looking for.

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I own a 1978 Suburban that came with a 350 (Vin code L) and the only piece of emissions equipment on the truck was a PCV valve.

That sure made the engine rebuild easier !!!