Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

i just got a 74k5 in ca anyone know what i need for smog for Ca

2. Stomp

Stomp 1/2 ton status

with a 74 you might be ok. Take it to any emissions place and have them take a look at it. They can tell you if all the stuff is on there that needs to be

3. Headbanger

Headbanger 1/2 ton status

Which engine? 2 or 4 bbl carb? Over or under 6,000lb GVWR? Most applications for 74 require : PCV, ACL(THERMO AIR CLEANER), EVAP CANISTER,EGR SYSTEM, AND AN AIR INJECTION SYSTEM(SMOG PUMP). If over 6,000 it needs less.

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

In California, '73 and newer vehicles still need the smog test. '73 and older, Anything goes. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I live in Claifornia and I kinda lucked out. My Blazer was originally purchased in Greeley, CO. So my truck has "federal' emissions. I dont have cats, canister, EGR, nothin except the PCV valve. And I have a California smog certificate. It's cool, there are almost no vacumn hoses or assorted other hoses to get in the way while workin on it. I can sit on the inner fenders and work on my engine.
    Can you say, GM RamJet 350? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif:D

5. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

its a 454 with the 4bbl 650 dbl pumper not sure of the weight ? the only thing i dont have that was mentioned is the pump!