Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

smoke treatment?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jan 1, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Has anyone used it? Its cost about $5 and it helps at all I will use it as long as no one has ever heard of it hurting anything. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I know STP makes some

2. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

I think your talking about Top engine cleaner which can be purchased at any Chevy dealer for about $5. This stuff works excellant on high mileage engines cleaning out build up, especialy carbon build up. You dump this stuff directly into the carb/throttle body and the engine smokes like no other. My K5 ran like dead turtle until I dumped a can of this in there, it ran a lot better and increased the power dramatically. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

what do you mean smokes like no other?

Btw I this stuff by stp is just called smoke treatment I think its just like smoke b gone and stuff like that But im intrested in the stuff your talking about.

4. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Well, you dump this super chemical cleaning agent directly into your intake(directions say you dump in 2/3 slowly enough to keep it running then you flood it with the chemical to stall the engine and let it sit for 15 min, then you start it up and dump the rest in) causing the engine to burn this chemical that makes a HUGH white smoke cloud. Its called Top Engine Cleaner and is found a Chevy dealerships. I dont know anything about smoke be gone stuff.

5. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

If your referring to the stop smoking treatments due to excessive oil burning they will help some but they thicken your oil pretty good. They can be hard on the motor at startup, especially in the cold of winter, and could make the problem worsen over time .