Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Smoked my TH350

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Ryan B., Aug 23, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=garage&Number=495864&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

/forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I've never tried smoking a trans. Think it'd be had to light and wouldn't taste very good either. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Smoked my TH350

[/ QUOTE ]

DAMN...how big was the pipe???? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

HEY ryan................

is

it

fixed

NOW....What is the problem's....lol

5. Ryan B.

Screw you guys. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

My tranny started slipping real bad... pretty soon 3rd gear is gone, second gear is barely there, first gear is slipping bad. and reverse is just about gone.
    Fluid level is good. Checked the vacuum lines. Scott told me it could be the modulator, but now i think about it, the tranny works okay until it gets hot. That is i can get it around the block maybe once or twice before it slips bad.
    So these are the same damn symptoms (dejavu) my camaro made when the clutches were burnt up .... so i'm ripping out the th350 and rebuilding it.
    /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Ryan B.

**Update**
    I got the transfer case and tranny out last night by myself after the carshow with dunerunner and useyourblinker.
    The tranny was cake to drop out.... but the t-case made up for it.
    Ordered up the B&amp;M master racing overhaul kit, Stage 2 shift kit, and a 1,500-1,900 stall converter.

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Sweet..if you needed some help you could have asked /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    Later

8. Ryan B.

All i want to know is...
    Why is there like 1/2" of mud covering my tranny and t-case?
    It took me a good 2 hours of cleaning and i still ain't done.
    I swear after i'm done cleaning all the mud outta my truck i'm not going through the hollister mud pit again. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. Ryan B.

Big thanks to Crawlin70! Jeff is a cool dude and a great guy willing to help out other big dawgs.
    I picked up the TH350 from him today, and got to see his project trucks... WOW!
    Tore into that tranny and it is in really GOOD shape.... clutchs are a little worn but i got new ones going in.... other than that i need to replace the thrust washers (they have some normal wear) so as soon as i get thrust washers i should have this tranny rebuilt and hopefully back in towards the end of the week. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

And i also picked up that 350 engine from NoSmog73 that was originally RockinK5's? Thanks Mike! That should be my
    future 383 for my blazer. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    I checked on mortec tonight on that
    Block:3956618....302.....69....4...Z-28 Camaro
    3956618....327...68-69...2
    3956618....350.....69....2 or 4 (It is a '69 4 bolt main block)
    Heads:3947041....69-70...302/350......"Right angle" casting identifier, 64cc chamber, accessory holes, good HP head
    3947041X...69-70...302/350......"Right angle" casting identifier, 64cc chamber, 165cc intake port, accessory holes, good HP head
    Right on! I think i scored some good stuff here.