Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Smoked the trans today

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by crawlerfj40, Sep 24, 2002.

1. crawlerfj40

crawlerfj40 1/2 ton status

I was on my way to school and looked back and all I could see was white smoke.I just got it out and looks as if the hub cracked on the torque converter!Ohh well back to the work bench, Hey Chaz whats next ? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Re: Smoke the trans today

It is called the curse of the Rubicon...LOL

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

curse?!?!?! no i think thats called corn holing! the rubicon screwed me and dident even leave me a jar of vasaline to go with it /forums/images/icons/grin.gif well wait...no DMV cornholed me...never mind...the rubicon is my friend /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. crawlerfj40

LOL,Well I never even took the Burb!But your right Dan the Rubicon is one hell of A ride,hold on shut up get that belt on we are going over hehehehehehehe /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I don't like the Rubicon! My rig didn't like it eather!! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
    Go here and click on the "Busted" album to see pics of the underside of my rig....
    http://community.webshots.com/user/burt4x4

6. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

burt you just had a bad trip. you will have to go back with us. i love that trail. it is awsome. and some cool lakes back in there with some nice fish in them. i would rather drive up there and wheel any time. it is all good. we will get you in there nexttime.

oh yea guess what we found out!!!!

there is a bypass around gate keeper that brings you out to the granet bowl...lol... we found this out on our way out on sunday. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Burt, those look like Warn shafts, are they? Just wanted to let you know to check the yokes real carefully to make sure they're still good, the last time I broke a cap like that on my old Warn shafts I screwed both yokes. One was splayed and the other was twisted. I didn't even notice it until my driveshaft guy tried to put a new joint in them and pointed it out. They were bent just enough to make them useless. Hopefully yours are fine. </font color>

8. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Bypass gate keeper /forums/images/icons/confused.gif That was a fun spot /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I cant believe you bent my dif gaurd Burt /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hey Shaggy, yup Warn axels! Good eye!
    They do have scrapes on them but the first inspection they don't look bent at all. But like you said when I goto press in a new Ujoint I will find out for sure!! I'll be changing the other side to just for mantanance reasons so I will mic/mesure the good one to the busted one and see if the ears move at all. If they are, well I guess I get to see if Warn will realy stand behind their product or not!!

Friz~ If it wasn't for that skid/guard I would have wasted my ring gear FOR SURE!!! Thanks!

10. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya know Jeff it realy wasn't the brakage it was all the Fn jerkoffs and traffic. I guess I'm not use to that much mayham. Useually wheelin is to get out and away from stuckup cityslickers but the 'Con being so comercial/well known they all flock to it!
    Of coarse I could just be a big baby right now! I'm PMSing cuz my woman is not kiking down the 1000 bucks I need to get my rig rolling again!! If and when my rig is down I seam to be down as well!! Too much spiritual connection to my Rig!! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

11. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    all the Fn jerkoffs

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that!The cool peeps WAY out numbered the diks,but dirty looks and negative comments from fellow wheelers isnt something I used to getting.

My buddy that is up there all the time told that if you go up there enough you will learn to hate a certain "club" up there no matter what yer drivin.

These same people want YOU to fight to keep THEIR trail open.Why would anyone fight for somewhere that you dont feel welcome /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

12. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

yea we saw that too but saturday at the sluice we found out you just have to talk to them and party with them then its all good. i now what you meen though i had a bunch of comments made to me but i just let it go in one ear and out the other. they are just jelose(sp) cause they would not be able to get a full size in there it takes skill to drive a chevy and not a heep /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> When I smoked mine Warn replaced them no questions asked. They didn't even make me return the bad ones, so I still have them as souveniers. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif </font color>

14. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

You guy's make the CON sound like 880 during rush hour. How big is the CON? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

15. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I think if we went up on a thursday or friday morning and got up in there and watched all the stuff happing on little sluce and then planned on coming out on a monday..It wouldn't be that bad.. And yes.. it was like 880 at rush hour.. Only the people are nicer on 880..

16. crawlerfj40

We got there mid afternoon Air down couple rigs went in so we took A good hour to let them get a head, talked to just about everyone then went for it.Jeff and I had know idea what to look for or where the hell we were, but we made it slow tooks us 6 hrs to get back there to little sluice when it takes most rigs two hrs.But we where going into the con knowing that if we rushed it we would hate it!I am with Jeff you meet some you ignore some we ran into some real jerk offs and alot of real good folks.I and a couple other guys walked out of the rubicon on sun that place is a real sight and if we need to go on a weekday to get pass the trafic so be it. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Damn, I wish I coulda been there to hear these dudes talk $hit...I love when people talk [censored] at me...haha....I can pretty much make anyone shut up and feel stupid. lol, And its soooooo much fun. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

18. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

That bypass you are talking about is great for full size, but you need a locked rig to go up that way, you came back down so the hairy parts you didn't try.
    I tried them and Tried the gate keeper, and my blazer like the gate keeper better, even though I am fully locked front and rear.
    About the Rubicon, I am with the friends of the Rubicon, and I agree that one club up there is not the greatest, but not all memebers are like that. Actually they are trying to change that image they got from those memebers.
    And by the way this is not their trail, it's your's and mine as much as it's their's.
    I like it, but I try and go during the week to avoid traffic, and so far it's worked out for me.
    Looking forward to go back there soon before the bad weather comes.
    IceMan