Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Smokey & the Bandit I, II, & III

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Feb 22, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Found a 3-pack of these tonight at Wal-Mart tonight for $14... I've seen the second one although it's been so long I don't remember it. I'm about halfway through it right now and it's way too mushy gushy and I haven't seen a single action scene that was worth sitting through the drama for... I hope Part III isn't as bad. At this point I'm wishing I hadn't bought it and stuck with only the original that I had on DVD. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i love the first one but the second and third i could do without /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Found a 3-pack of these tonight at Wal-Mart tonight for $14... I've seen the second one although it's been so long I don't remember it. I'm about halfway through it right now and it's way too mushy gushy and I haven't seen a single action scene that was worth sitting through the drama for... I hope Part III isn't as bad. At this point I'm wishing I hadn't bought it and stuck with only the original that I had on DVD. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Two starts rocking when Buford Justice and his brothers, the one from Texas and the other one from Canada chase The Bandit out into the desert and they play the world's biggest game of chicken.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. CammoK5

CammoK5 Registered Member

The first was great. The second was good. The third, well, it just plain sucked.
    /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The one with the fawkin' elephant is just too damn stupid for words. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

But another fun driving movie that Burt did in the 70's was Hooper. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

2 was cool when I was a kid, but now it is just stupid. Never seen three, my dad said it sucked and wasn't worth watching. I'm going to buy that 3-pack and watch it eventually, though.

I just stick with good ol' SATB, no need for any hokey crap. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I actually prefer to call my 79 SE a Rocky TA instead of a Bandit TA. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

I always liked to watch the outtake's they run during the end credits. Burt Reynolds could be pretty funny in the bloopers. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The one with the fawkin' elephant is just too damn stupid for words. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

But another fun driving movie that Burt did in the 70's was Hooper. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got Hooper on DVD too!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I noticed lately that the local Wal-Marts have Hooper on DVD for $5.50!!! I paid significantly more than that when I special ordered mine a long time ago... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

9. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i love the first one but the second and third i could do without /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My Son and I can both recite the original scene by scene. Burt was at the height of his career in my opinion, and the whole cast just had the right chemistry together throughout the entire movie. They were all sincerely having fun and not just making a movie. The rest of them were just movies.

Plus, the original was made during times when you could realistically outrun the law in a fast car. You could get away with a lot of the stuff they did in the original movie... Nowadays you might get away with it in some really remote areas, but anywhere near a city with a helicopter or a decent sized law enforcement agency and you'll get surrounded quick...

Oh... The Good Old Days... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

After watching the third, only finishing it out of morbid curiosity, the Boy and I have been watching the original over and over to try to get the second two erased from memory. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Wal-Mart owes me $14.99 plus damages.