Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

smokin deal on a new winch !

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chopped&bobbed77burb, Apr 5, 2006.

1. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I finally scored a deal on a winch :D . I guess it pays to be a CL junkie and to be the first one there with the cash . I know it's a bit small for the burb but at least it's a warn winch :bow: . Gotta build the front bumper now . WARN XD9000I WINCH 9000LBS. CAPACITY - $175

Reply to: sale-148517002@craigslist.org
    Date: 2006-04-05, 1:49PM PDT

WINCH FOR SALE FOR ANY USE 9000 LBS. PULL CAPACITY, NEEDS REMOTE ................

• this is in or around BORING, OREGON
    • yes -- it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn wish i would have seen that i could use one for the rear of my blazer:doah: congrats on the great score:bow: :bow:

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Excellent score man :thumb:

4. chopped&bobbed77burb

I would still rather have a 8274 . there was a guy on CL selling one for $350 . If I would have had the cash I would have bought it . Maybe after I sell some stuff I will find another one . There always on there .

5. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't worry about it being too small. A snatch block will take care of that for you. Good deal!

6. chopped&bobbed77burb

I think it would be perfect for the rear of the burb . It would be easier to winch my buddies in their toyotas :haha: . I have a old warn chevy bumper I cut up and I have the winch plate but it's for a 8274 so I will have to drill some holes in the bottom of the plate and get me a roller fairlead . I think a new alternator is a must too as I still have a stock 60amp alt :rolleyes: . I picked up a new 1200c Odessey battery from my neighbor for $150 . He is sponsered by them (Dwarfcar racer) and get's them cheap . Superwinch is another one of his sponsers but with Warn being local I thought it best to stick with a Warn . There was a new 3700 warn on CL for $150 and I thought that would be perfect for my little 2200lb toyota tercel 4x4 :haha: . But I gotta buy more stuff for the burb :bow: .

7. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

$175 no remote? Can we say stolen?

8. chopped&bobbed77burb

Who is WE ? I went to the guy's shop in Damascus (near u-pull-it) where he specializes in Subaru auto's . He's a honest guy and I did see his 4x4 jeep that it came off from and his NEW winch he bought for it . as for the remote who know but for YOU to imply theft when you don't know $hit just goes to show what a jacka$$ you are :rolleyes: . The dude just wanted some quick cash and to give someone a deal . I can see where you would be jealous though :D .

9. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

No need to be throwing names around. It certainly sounds like something that might have 'fallen off a truck'. If it isn't, good for you, but nobody was calling you a thief. Chill. Enjoy your winch

10. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Umm yeah. But sorry to get your feathers ruffled. Thanks Mofugly! Makes me wonder though! :D

Hmmm I thought I was on CK5 not 'the other site'.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006