Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Smokin Deals from Year One! - Crate Engines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chevy305, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah, I was digging through my email bucket and found an old email from Year One telling me about their new crate engine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is an awsome deal! :bow: The offer expired but the engine is still that same price of $2990 acording to the Year One website. I think this engine spanks all the GMPP small blocks in bang for the buck. If or when I get a crate engine I will definately keep this one in mind.

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  2. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not bad. Those numbers are more in the realm of a mildly built 383 or 400.

3. Chevy305

Man look at the torque! I bet that it doesn't even go below 400!

4. Chevy305

I thought I'd bump this 2datop because well its a wicked sweet deal!

5. Chevy305

Year One Sent me another Email today:

Do You Need Some Serious New Power For Your Favorite Muscle Car?

[​IMG]

The YearOne Power Crate 350 has the power you need for the car you love.
    The four-bolt main seasoned 350 block has been bored 0.030 over. It uses a nodular iron crankshaft with hypereutectic pistons connected with powdered metal connecting rods.
    A dual plane aluminum intake allows good idle quality and excellent street driveability while providing plenty of low-end torque. Ported Vortec cylinder heads, 1.6:1 ratio rocker arms and a hydraulic roller camshaft round out this excellent engine.
    The fully balanced and blueprinted PowerCrate 350 has been dyno tested to produce 400-plus horsepower* and 400-plus ft./lbs. of torque* with a pump-gas friendly 9.5:1 compression ratio. The engine comes with a 12-month/12,000 mile warranty.

$2990.00
    NO CORE EXCHANGE

Part# CT350PC1

You will find more features and specifications on this engine, along with an engine test graph and other great products, by scrolling down to the bottom of this e-mail. Another exciting special offer from…

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Your Friends At YearOne[/FONT]

YearOne Power Crate 350 Specifications

[​IMG]

*Dyno tested with 1-5/8” headers and 750 CFM carburetor.

• <LI style="PADDING-LEFT: 1mm; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 1mm; COLOR: #010101; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0mm">[FONT=verdana,geneva]400+ horsepower and 400+ ft/lbs of torque[/FONT] <LI style="PADDING-LEFT: 1mm; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 1mm; COLOR: #010101; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0mm">[FONT=verdana,geneva]Produces 12hg inches of vacuum at 800 RPM. Perfect for power brakes[/FONT] <LI style="PADDING-LEFT: 1mm; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 1mm; COLOR: #010101; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0mm">[FONT=verdana,geneva]Good idle quality with plenty of low end torque[/FONT] <LI style="PADDING-LEFT: 1mm; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 1mm; COLOR: #010101; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0mm">[FONT=verdana,geneva]9.5:1 compression ratio – pump gas friendly (92 octane recommended)[/FONT] <LI style="PADDING-LEFT: 1mm; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 1mm; COLOR: #010101; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0mm">[FONT=verdana,geneva]Fully balanced and blueprinted with harmonic balancer and flexplate[/FONT] <LI style="PADDING-LEFT: 1mm; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 1mm; COLOR: #010101; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0mm">[FONT=verdana,geneva]Dyno tested and supplied with printout of your engine’s output[/FONT] <LI style="PADDING-LEFT: 1mm; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 1mm; COLOR: #010101; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0mm">[FONT=verdana,geneva]Uses a 4-bolt main seasoned 350 block bored 0.030 over with nodular iron crankshaft[/FONT] <LI style="PADDING-LEFT: 1mm; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 1mm; COLOR: #010101; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0mm">[FONT=verdana,geneva]Hypereutectic pistons connected to powdered metal connecting rods[/FONT] <LI style="PADDING-LEFT: 1mm; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 1mm; COLOR: #010101; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0mm">[FONT=verdana,geneva]Ported Vortec cylinder heads with 2.02 int./1.60 exhaust stainless steel valves[/FONT] <LI style="PADDING-LEFT: 1mm; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 1mm; COLOR: #010101; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0mm">[FONT=verdana,geneva]1.6:1 ratio rocker arms with heavy-duty valve springs[/FONT] <LI style="PADDING-LEFT: 1mm; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 1mm; COLOR: #010101; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0mm">[FONT=verdana,geneva]Hydraulic roller camshaft with .520” valve lift and 218 int./228 exhaust duration @ .050[/FONT] <LI style="PADDING-LEFT: 1mm; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 1mm; COLOR: #010101; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0mm">[FONT=verdana,geneva]Includes a dual plane aluminum intake for excellent street driveability[/FONT] <LI style="PADDING-LEFT: 1mm; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 1mm; COLOR: #010101; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0mm">[FONT=verdana,geneva]High tensile strength fasteners installed throughout the engine[/FONT] <LI style="PADDING-LEFT: 1mm; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 1mm; COLOR: #010101; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0mm">[FONT=verdana,geneva]12 month/12,000 mile warranty[/FONT]
    • [FONT=verdana,geneva]Engine includes oil pan, timing cover and valve covers[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,geneva]Check out these other great items from YearOne:[/FONT]​

[FONT=verdana,geneva][​IMG]TCI TH-400 Non-lockup A/T with Short Tailshaft[/FONT]​

[FONT=verdana,geneva]This TCI transmission is designed for enhanced performance and durability. It has extra direct clutches, heavy-duty bands and performance-tuned valve body. It is pressure and dyno tested prior to shipping to ensure top quality.[/FONT]​

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Part# AT226 $1099.00 ea[/FONT]​

[FONT=verdana,geneva][​IMG][/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva]G-Tech Pro SS Performance Meter[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,geneva]Plugs into your cigarette lighter to measure items such as horsepower, torque, 0-60, 1/8 & 1/4 mile times. Also includes a programmable shift light.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,geneva]Part# [/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva]GTECHSS[/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva] $199.95 ea[/FONT]​

[​IMG]
    [FONT=verdana,geneva]Muscle Car T-shirts[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva][FONT=verdana,geneva]Check out our hot new selection of Muscle Car T-shirts with many exciting styles to choose from.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,geneva]Part# MCTS2XLGF10 $15.90 ea[/FONT]
    [FONT=''Arial Narrow'']http://www2.yearone.com:8001/OT000060MTAwNDA4NDky.GIF?D=2007-05-15[/font]YearOne does not sell or rent your e-mail address to any third parties.

You received this e-mail message at hawaiig146@yahoo.com due to your previous purchase(s) or interest in YearOne.

YearOne sends various types of e-mail communications.
    To unsubscribe from receiving Products, Services and Promotions e-mail, Click Here, or send us a blank e-mail message to unsubscribe@yearone.com.
    hawaiig146@yahoo.com due to your previous purchase(s) or interest in YearOne.

YearOne sends various types of e-mail communications.
    To unsubscribe from receiving Products, Services and Promotions e-mail, Click Here, or send us a blank e-mail message to unsubscribe@yearone.com.

www.yearone.com[​IMG]

YearOne | 1001 Cherry Drive | Braselton, GA 30517 Privacy Statement

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Check the graph...it starts at 3000 rpm. I want to see what it does at 2000 rpm. For a truck 2000-3500 rpm is the range that is important IMO. The amount of time spent above 3500 rpm is almost negligible.

Still appears to be a decent engine at a reasonable price though.

Rene

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I like the "seasoned" block approach . Used blocks rock after the whole heating and cooling process that happens day in and day out .

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

"Seasoned" = used
    "Patina"= rust
    "Classic"= dated and overpriced

It's the automotive version of "Real Estate speak"

Rene

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Nothing wrong with used , as long as they checked for excessive core shift , etc .

We used to prefer used blocks , from high mileage wrecks . We at least knew it went xxxx amount of miles , and had been heated and cooled . and would probably hold up after a freshening .

10. Backroads

Backroads 1/2 ton status

X2, Looks like a great engine, the only thing I'd change is the cam. 218/228 @ 050 is a little too much overlap for low rpm wheeling, IMO.

11. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Swap in some 5.38 gears and you find that powerband acceptable.