Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Smooth Top

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerGuy, May 18, 2000.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I want to sand down the top to make it smooth. Can I just use a power sander? Any other details or tips I should know? thanks for your help.

<font color=green>Money</font color=green>--&gt;Blazer

2. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

I had a 88 Bronco a few years back. It had a real sandy, almost came off in your hand dusty white top. When I got it painted locally, they painted the top and was perfect. I dont think they sanded it but it sure looked sweet. Glossly and smooth like the rest of the truck.

BBone 85'K5
    Wilderness Roof Rack in the winter, Skyler in the summer...

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure a few of the guys were talking about this a while back........I believe they just used whatever means they had(sandpaper/sander/wirewheel), and sanded her down evenly.

I think one of the concerns was that, depending on the year and color of top, you might sand off the color and expose the unpainted fiberglass(usually white). So you may have to repaint the top once you're done..........which could be a GOOD thing!!!!!