Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Snap-On long handle ratchets - anyone a dealer?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, Oct 25, 2003.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Found some on ebay, wondering if anyone was a dealer I would like to get a full set 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2" long handled ratchets. My dad has them and I perfer them over my craftsmen stuff. Also could use a 1/2" breakover bar.

New, used, pics and prices?

Anyone have comments on them. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Probably around $230 for the set. Snap-on.com has an online catalog with prices, but I'd find your local dealer and buy from them. I have both the standard and fine tooth models in all sizes, and love every last one of em. I won't touch a Craftsmen ratchet. I would recommend getting the long handle model(s) with grips, but that's just my preference. You might want to look at SK also, they make some nice fine tooth ratchets that don't cost quite as much. I'm going to warn you right now to just pretend that they don't exist and to NEVER STEP FOOT ON A SNAP-ON TRUCK because once you do your blazer habit will start to look cheap. Or maybe I have a tool problem... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

$412 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifSomeone show me the way to Sears /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    NEVER STEP FOOT ON A SNAP-ON TRUCK because once you do your blazer habit will start to look cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that. Snap-on guy stops at my civilian job every Thursday; back before the Big Adventure began he was trying to talk me into buying a double-wide rolling cabinet with the butcher-block top. Beautiful toolbox, but I prefer to spend $9000 (no, that's NOT too many zeros... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and that's empty) on other things.

5. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

he only thing i will buy from snap on is torque wrenches. Because i feel that you are payin for precision. I have a 3/8 drive digital torque wrench that was 500 $cnd and i feel it was worth every penny. For ratchets and combination wrenchs, i use mastercraft professional or craftsman.

6. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

When I was 16 and started wrenching, I started buying Craftsman tools, and they got the job done. When wrenching became the way that I earned my keep, I was introduced to Snap-on and I've never looked back. Snap-on tools are quite a bit more expensive, but the quality, and most importantly, fit on fasteners, is MUCH better, as well as the much wider selection. I still have some Craftsman stuff, like 1/2 sockets and larger wrenches, but for the tools that I use day in and day out, I've spent the money and got the best tools available. When a stripped fastener will cost me time that I don't have, I can't afford anything less. Time=money. I have that same torque wrench, I got mine for $240 or so on special, Regular was $300, but being able to use In-lb, Ft-lb, and NM at the push of a button is great. Now I keep my Craftsman stuff in the truck...