Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

snaped my first rear end

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 91k5NC, Oct 21, 2002.

1. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

well just driving down the road friday went across one of those big speed bumpes and about ten feet after that i herd a load crack and it jerked the hole truck so i thought i could lemp it home just thought it was a u-joint but it done it again so pulled over and took the drive shaft out and went home. bought another ujoint and put it end and still done it, pap said congulations son you 've blown your first rear end. so we took the cap off the rear there was a piece of gear laying there and couldn't get the pin out to take the axels off then we seen i busted the case. sorry so long but just had to tell yal!! going to get another rear end and see if we can fix. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif it. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Naw! Can't be! Everyone knows that a 10-bolt rear won't break if you're running tires that are 35 inches or less. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Welcome to the club! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I've blown apart 3 12-bolts and 2 10-bolts in 3 different trucks. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif The last one was the "little" 10-bolt in my S-Jimmy. 4.3 liters and 30 inch tires. Still managed to break the pinion gear! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sounds like it's time for a 14 Bolt FF. If you're going to put a different rear axle in it, might aswell get the good one.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i agree do it right the first time just put a 14ff in /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

That happend to my 10-bolt in my burby /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, I split the carrier down one side and broke the pin in half. Now I got a 14-FF /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and I never half to worry about that breaking. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif