Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Snaped np241 Snap Ring

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blackchevy, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Blackchevy

Blackchevy Registered Member

Well the snap ring on the slip yoke in my np241 has officially broken! I was just gonna replace it but then I read the article about the rings that you can put in their place from South Bay Truck. Does anyone have any expierence with these? Are they worth the money and better then just replacing the snap ring?
    Thank you in advance for any responses!

Tony

2. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

After rebuilding my 241 and knowing that it's a weak link, I bought one the day after I got the mag in the mail...cost about $40 delivered...well made,fit right...frugal with the lock tite...took all of 20 minutes to install...I'm a happy man...my 89 is a DD I use to tow my bass boat

3. socalmotocross

socalmotocross Newbie

Call frank @ south bay truck 3102190727 he is a good friend of mine he will take care of you,I have had the snapring replacement kits on both of my 241's and never had a problem(my truck gets alot of abuse!:D )

4. Blackchevy

Blackchevy Registered Member

I actually called him for a price quote right after I posted this and its in the mail! :D THanks for the responses!