Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sneaking toys by the wife

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by makovai, Sep 18, 2006.

1. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

I can't seem to buy anything without getting in trouble. (dont get it wrong, I can do what ever i want............as long as she says it's ok)

I've tryed "thats always been on the truck dear", the "I just painted it", the "you prolly just never noticed it b4" and many other BS lines. My wife works graveyard so i can do all the installs while she sleeps, but i swear she memorizes my truck and she notices everything.

I need some new tricks. :D

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Just bring it out to the farm LOL when it goes back home, it will be done and to late for her to say anything :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

3. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

How about: I traded a guy for it! Your due at his place in an hour! :haha:

4. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Or maybe be happy that your wife cares enough about what hobby you are interested in enough to notice when you change stuff....:dunno:

-Avery

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's not a good thing at times. I have a serious g/f and I already catch heat for spending time working on my project.

6. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Would you rather me spend your money on booze and hookers?:doah:

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not a popular retort either. Unless they have some advance knowledge, you are just asking for trouble.

8. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

yeah on one hand that is pretty cool that your wife notices details like that when it comes to cars and such, I know if I wasnt around to help my gf when her car goes on the fritz, some mechanic would pb try to sell her muffler bearings and a new flux capacitor. But on the other, I kind of understand your sitcheeaytion, my gf is also that way. Shes not too keen on details, but shes my best friend so I tell her everything, and she kind of gets upset sometimes when I tell her how much I spend on my trucks since she is a hardcore saver and saves every penny she can. But I have an excuse, I tell her since I am a college student, that I am doing it while I still can since we arent married yet and only have to support myself. But I will have to change that excuse one of these days when I finish college and what not.

Remington

9. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I wait until my wife feels guilty about spending money on whatever, then I drop the ol' "Don't worry about it honey, you can spend whatever you want. And by the way, I had to put some new tires on my truck last week." Of course, she doesn't really pay attention to my vehicles. I mainly have to use that one with new guns. You can use the same idea for about anything in your marriage. My 2 year old fell out of our treehouse when I was home with the kids a while back. I had to sit on that for about 2 weeks waiting on the wife to screw something up.

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I also have a "slush fund" that I buy stuff out of. My mileage money from work goes into that and noone cares where I spend that money. You may try setting a little back every month as truck money.

11. 54inches

54inches 1/2 ton status

"I've had that before I met you"
    "I've had that for awhile"
    "I bought that the weekend after I bought your engagement ring(enter your own very expensive gift for you significant other here)"

I must be lucky, my newest wife said that I have to finish the Suburban before we buy anything else.
    I said well I am glad you finally decided to kick in a little bit around here! :)

12. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I'd of been shot for that comment :haha:

13. 54inches

54inches 1/2 ton status

yeah but she gives me as hard a time as I give her so it's like we are best friends too......we have some REAL interesting battles back and forth....

14. jp0863

jp0863 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just tell her the truth..." it keeps me sane!"... without the release of working on something i enjoy, i would probably go tell the neighbors what i really think,,, then i would have to spend time getting rid of the body.... (yes i have a pain in the ass neighbor).... but i'm stripping a suburban on the side of my house so i need to keep my mouth shut for now..

15. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

Here's the thing on the trading. I decided to do the 3/4 ton conversion. I traded for the 14 bolt and D44 setup. I traded for the new 39x18 mickeys, i traded for everything so far except the new ball joints and sky steer arm. Now she's pissed because i could have sold all the stuff i traded for. I just get really frustrated that i can't seem to win. I need to convert the corporate to disc brakes and now she's watching me like a hawk.

Excepting all donations:
    My birthday was in July, if any of you feel bad about not getting me a present i want a disc brake conversion for my 14 bolt. :D

16. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

At least you don't have to pay for the ball joint install and D44 mill work for crossover :thumb:

17. 54inches

54inches 1/2 ton status

I have some templates for the Disc brake conversion that I can snail mail ya! Tell the wife of yours that these are FREE for you and I will pay for shipping.

18. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I have a separate checking account for my truck. When I sell parts or get a bonus at work or something like that I put it in there and I buy parts out of it. It works pretty well... she doesn't care what I buy and I no longer have to have her not talk to me for 3 days because MNorby calls and says "I found a D60 for you... only $600" ans I run to the bank and pull $600 out of savings :doah:

19. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I have a dimensional print of them also and he lives a few min away :thumb:

20. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

I have the cad file for them, but trying to get something through our waterjet is like waiting for grass to grow. I have all the tools at my fingertips and we are so buzy that i cant get a g-job through. I actually had to wait for a week b4 i could get the sandblaster open to clean the parts.

Is anybody feeling sorry for me yet? :crazy:

I'll work it out. I still have time as I'm almost done with the front axle.......just waiting on muddytaz. (hint hint)

Btw....props to taz for trading me the knouckle work.:bow: