Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Snoop Dogg singing Sad But True?? WTF??!!??!!??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Someone told me Snoop Dogg sang Sad But True on some VH1 special... figuring if it was true, it would be on MP3, I got on Kazaa... and holy [I love Jeeps] it's true... and disgusting...

I like Snoop's earlier stuff... but he should NEVER, I repeat, NEVER EEEEEEEEVER try to sing again... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Snoop really needs to be abused severly by the whupp'in stick /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Whats worse is that song is from a VH1 special honoring Metallica, with artists covering different tunes from their albums. Avril did a good job though.

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Ugh! Snoop sucked big time in his attempt to "sing" Metallica. There is a reason he "talks" during a rap song instead of singing. It was bad.....really bad. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

5. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Whats worse is that song is from a VH1 special honoring Metallica,

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

He also only sang (attempted) about 1 minute of it... it suck'd /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Korn did a good job though with "Fade to Black" IMO Metallica took a turn for the worst with this new album.. it shows that Jason is no longer with the band and his writting and playing ability will be missed

7. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Amen to that. Along w/ James gettin' off the bottle. It's like Metallica-Lite. Just another corporate rock band....

John

8. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I think Limp Bizkit had a nice personal twist on "Sanitarium," and I think that one guy did a really funny impersonation of James if he were to sing "Happy and you know it" with his famous "yeah's!" and grunts.

The new bassist (rob trujillo or something?) will never replace cliff or jason but he has his own insight and musical ability to add, so we'll just see how that goes.

As for James getting out of de-tox. That's probably one of the best things to happen to him.

9. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and I think that one guy did a really funny impersonation of James if he were to sing "Happy and you know it" with his famous "yeah's!" and grunts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also liked his impersonation of Lars.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    IMO Metallica took a turn for the worst with this new album.. it shows that Jason is no longer with the band and his writting and playing ability will be missed

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that...
    It's a shame they didn't wait for Trujillo to join up before going into the studio. Bob Rock is a great producer, but his bass playing was not up to Met satndards IMHO.

They should have spent some time on the road doing culb gigs with Rob, then sat down and written/recorded some new stuff as a band.

I personally think the audio mix and dynamics on the new album suck. Sound tinny, with too little soild bass and clear highs.

I agree- a first rate corporate money making attempt.

A shame.....

11. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Mother of god....

Read that with a serious tone, because I want it to sound like when that one dude said it in Super Troopers /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

You're going to subject all these poor fellers and fellettes to that?!?!?!

Bah... everyone needs a good laugh once in a while /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that fawking sucks /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

14. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I personally think the audio mix and dynamics on the new album suck. Sound tinny, with too little soild bass and clear highs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree... It sounds like Lars traded his drums in for some trash cans.. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

15. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I just have one question about the new album:

WHERE'S THE FAWKIN' GUITAR????? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif