Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Snorkle list

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Aquaman, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

I did the search, but I can't compile a list of things that need to be snorkled to be able to submerge w/o damage. On my ATV (which I snorkled), all the breathers were in the same place, so it was easy to know. I just had to extend them, w/ the intake snorkle, and then all I needed was exhaust snorkle.

Anybody know of everything that needs to be snorkled? Thanks.

BTW - Oh, and if you've done it before, maybe post some useful info on it. That would be great.

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

go to my website and check out some pics of mine. it is a 79 K5 that is snorkeled. click on the badlands links to see some more pics. if u have n e questions pm me. o ya, i used 4" pvc thinwall and it didnt cost me a cent to do the whole thing

www.geocities.com/yz80foxracer/index.html

NITRO

3. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

yea I found your pics when I did the search. What all did you snorkle?

4. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i just snorkeled the intake. everything else is water proof. i didnt find a need to snorkel the exhaust. i had it under water hundreds of times and havent had a single problem.

NITRO

5. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

You should run the vent lines from your tranny, axles, etc. to a palce higher than you think you will ever be submerged. If your engine stays running you really dont have to worry about the exhaust. dont forget the electrical system.