Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

snorkle ?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by cegusman, Apr 15, 2002.

1. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I am planing on making a snorkle and have it end inside the cab, Does the 6.2 need more outside air or sould it be fine inside. I do a lot of very tight trails with low branches, so an eternal would not last one trip out.

2. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I think noise might be an issue.

3. kickinasphalt383

kickinasphalt383 1/2 ton status

Good question man. I have been really thinking about running the same thing on my 6.2 for the same reason but don't know if it will be too loud or have too much suction... diesels like their air!

4. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

I know lots of people with external snorkles who run them offroad and have no problems with branches or anything. They're all over in Australia and New Zealand for the most part, using the profesionally made kits for their trucks, but still, a well made home made job would do just as well. I've seen them made of PVC, exhaust pipe, flexi hose and PVC, and a few others. I also know there is one for some model Toyota Land Cruiser that bolts right up to a 73-87(91) GM truck fender./forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Anyways, one day my K5 will have a snorkle. I've seen them in action and wouldn't do it any other way personally./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I think the ORD jimmy has a snorkle that runs through the cab to just behind the front seats. Its a gasser but I thought Stephen said something about the noise. Not sure though