Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

snorkle

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Big B, Sep 21, 2000.

1. Big B

Big B 1/2 ton status

I have a non fuel injected motor and I want a snorkle were do I get one can anybody tell me thanks Bruce.

bigb4x4.coloradok5.com

2. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

Does a snorkle do anything for a gas enginge w/o fuel injection. I thought they were primarily used on diesels.

'79 Guy
    1 Blazer - 7 Children
    http://79guy.coloradok5.com

3. They work on any motor as long as you seal it all up very well.My budy runs mud bogs and has a snorkle on his burb,
    he also runs an MSD marien ignition system disrtibutor and all.Seems to work good for him,by the way he runs a blown 540 big block chevy!!!Man that would be nice in the K5!!!LOL

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Two big gains with a snorkle and they have to do with getting good air not performance. They run them heavy in Austrailia to get the intake up high because of the dust. Their roads are so dusty that if you were running the intake in the stock location you would pack an air filter up to the point of not working in a couple of hundred miles. The second is to avoid sucking water if you have to cross some deep water. If your not crossing water or running dsirt roads then you would get your best performance by using the stock set up that pulls air from just behind the grill. it's more of a straight shot and has a ram air effect at hwy speeds. This was one of the best things I did on my 75. I was having a ping problem that turns out was mostly caused by a restrictive factory air cleaner and hot under hood air. I used a stock 85 aircleaner and the factory duct and the problem is gone.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

5. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

6. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

i put a snorkel on my rig over the summer simply to get the cold air intake. cold air mixes better with fuel better than hot air, hence better fuel economy and a few more horses. i bought mine through a shop in ohio, peters off road. it is an arb safari snorkel for an 80 series toyota fj40, which as you might guess was not cheap. ill just say it was under $300. the way thumper went with the pvc pipe works just as well as the one i have.
    happy snorkeling,
    MTPockets.

7. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Hey thumper you should put the plans on the net so all of us diy (do it yourselfers) can make one. Just a thought...

Damn colors don't work!

Damn colors don't work!

8. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

<font color=red>yes</font color=red><font color=blue>they</font color=blue><font color=green>do!!!</font color=green>[​IMG]

WK

9. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

10. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Nice looking rig! Where'd you get the front bumper from?