Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SNOT is a 4 letter word!...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Jan 6, 2007.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Well,I guess it had to happen..everyone I've been near the past 2 weeks had a cold--and now its MY turn!..throat got sore last night,temparature soared overnight--today the snot factory started full production!..and my stomach is queasy from post nasal drip--and now to top it off,I got the hiccups after supper,and they refuse to quit!...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!:angry1: :angry1:

But I may be luckier than the others,I am feeling better than they did 2 days into it--they have been sick all week,and are only slowly getting better..maybe the honey I've been using has helped,it sure works on a sore throat,and I've read it boosts immunity and kills viruses ..hope it kicks this ones ass soon,I'm tired of being sick!..I was hoping it would keep me cold free,but I guess this virus is a tough one..:(

I stopped at the "medicine" store on my way home tonight..bought a bottle of "cough syrup"..(made by Southern Comfort!:laugh: )..I didn't drink on new years eve,so tonight I'm drinking DOUBLE to make up for it!..

I'll make a few hot toddies,and add some honey,and stumble off to bed soon..hopefully when I wake up it'll be about over..this 60+ degree weather is tits for working outside,figures I'm too sick to enjoy it..have lots of work to DO too!.:(

I think the unusually warm weather has got a LOT of folks sick here--in Rhode Island they closed a lot of schools due to a menningitis breakout!..and everyone seems to be coughing and sneezing around here..Christmas and Thanksgiving are also partly to blame--everyone imports their germs all over and they give them to YOU!...Happy Holidays my arse!..:mad:

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

whine is a 5 letter word. :rolleyes:

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Get well soon Bob, I'm just at the tail end of a similar cold...yech!

Rene

4. diesel4me

not the way I spell it!...

NO,its W-I-N-E !! :wink1: ...besides,that was a RANT!..(another 4 letter word!)...there's a big difference!..

Be nice!..I didn't post up my thoughts in the "Rascall Flatts" thread,much as I'd have liked too!..:shame: ..lets be civil here,no badgering!... :surepal:

Thanks for the well wishes Rene!.I'm off to the Toddy fest--nighty-night!...:D

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

"Snot"

SNOT
    We're fittin' to take your town
    You know we wear the crown
    Just got to mess around
    Leave your daughters and your sisters with me
    Down
    Down for that fattest sound
    We're comin' to your town
    Breaking some ground
    Someone's got to do it

Can you slow down?
    (Just can't be)
    Gotta have a fat sound
    (From S.B.)
    Mother****er said
    Is your soul found?
    (Can't you see?)
    And we're comin' to your town
    Break It
    Smash It
    Mother****in' Snot

Snot
    Just got to mess around
    Down
    Breaking some ground
    Someone's got to do it

Can you slow down?
    (Just can't be)
    Gotta have a fat sound
    (From S.B.)
    Mother****er said
    Is your soul found?
    (Can't you see?)

Someone's got to do it
    SNOT
    You always knew this
    Yeah SNOT Crew
    We're undisputed
    Yeah SNOT
    Though we rule your world
    Clockin' all them girls
    We're takin' yours and no
    We'll never Stop

Well Snot
    I've got to tell you once again
    Don't try and play my crew cause you just can't win
    I like to hear the sound when your skull cracks
    If you talk back feel us attack yall
    We're fixin' to take you down with a fat, funky sound
    Gonna steal your crown
    Not gonna mess around
    I know you hear my voice 'cause you got no choice
    The volume of my crew still undisputed

If you don't move
    We're gonna roll right over mother****er
    Down with this crew
    Yes everything's gonna be alright
    I've got to wow the crowd with a sound so loud
    Try and front but you know I'm gonna get down
    I've got the mic that's right what's at stake is
    Afraid you'll hear the truth
    You can't take this

Slow down
    (Just can't be)
    Gotta have a fat sound
    (From S.B.)
    Mother****er said
    Is your soul found?
    (Can't you see?)

Yeah Snot
    Just got to mess around
    Down
    Breaking some ground
    Someone's got to do it
    SNOT
    You always knew this
    Yeah SNOT Crew
    We're undisputed
    Yeah SNOT
    Though we rule your world
    Clockin' all them girls
    Don't you know we're gonna
    Break It
    Smash It
    Gonna get it

Great band!

6. tRustyK5

Another 4 letter word is Band. Do you have a favorite instrument Jeremy?

Rene

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

C'mon, Jeremy. All you need to do is think twice before you post. Trust me, the leash is gonna be short from here on in, brother. :deal:

8. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I just got over the same cold, the last stage it will travel into your chest. It's a nasty bugger for sure but also a quick one. Figure on a week from start to finish.

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

come on over! http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194954

drink up and get better man! meant it as quit whining and do something about it (namely DRINK UP!) :D

yes, i have been being a little nicer. notice the junkyard thread reply? :deal: and i've actually been being nice to Avery too! :eek:

10. tRustyK5

[mr. burns]

Exxxcellent!

[/Mr. Burns]

Rene

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[Humpty Dumpty]

Eggs-ellent!!!!:D

[/Humpty Dumpty]

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

fockers

13. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

my wife got that cold bad after she went in to a clinic because she had strep, and a lady was on the floor in a blankit hacking for 45 min as christina waited.

so she got that, my son has it now and several friend got it too.

but i am feelin fine :woot:

14. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I wish I had a cold. I came back to work after a week off just to come down with labyrinthitis, or however it is spelled. It is an inner ear infection that pretty much makes all of one's balance go bye-bye, and is caused by a virus so there is nothing to do but let it run its course. Never mind the vertigo. I am not even allowed to drive, nevermind run a trackhoe once I get there!

15. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

dood,i had that last year. its not fun at all.out of the blue i was soooo dizzy.the first time it happened i was on here.all the sudden i was leaning to the left and spinning real bad.i crawled to bed hoping it would go away. but it didn't. i was hatin life. next day i was good.a week later it was back.:rolleyes: i tried flushing with peroxied and it helped a little.all i can say is THAT SUCKED ASS!!!!!

16. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

hehe... The first day I thought I was just really hungover, and I somewhat cleared up over the course or the day. The next morning I got up after not drinking and had to actually sit down in the shower before I cracked my head on something less than forgiving. It was at that point I knew something was entirely wrong and stumbled back into bed and called in sick. That was Wednesday. I think by Tuesday I will actually be able to go back. It isn't something that one could even "man up and go in anyway." Kinda feels like finishing about 1/2 of a bottle of Wild turkey, but without the heightened sense of well being....

17. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

NO ONE that boozes could handle this.it seems like the spins at first,but gets ugly.i know what your talking about.it's scary. cuz you have no control.when your drunk you can bounce off the walls going to bed.when you have this problem you feel like your spinning 100mph out of the blue.i went to work after i thought i was healthy.but i almost had to get a ride home.they thought i was just trying to get outta working.I thought i was gonna die.be carefull man!!!

18. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

damnit i am now getting sick, a little sore throat, and a hard pain in my chest. fun fun fun.

dont know if it is the chest cold going around or the streap my wife had or both

19. diesel4me

update....not good......

Well,as you gents probably noticed I haven't been here for a day or so..
    Beater,I'm too sick to argue with anyone .....:rolleyes:

Tried to kill my cold with the Southern Comfort saturday night,about 11 pm--but didn't get that far..bought 3 "nips" of some other stuff they had at the cash register at the liquor store(99 cents each,who could resist?)..one was "Bananna Snapps",the other was something called "French Kiss"...the Bananna Snapps was potent as hell--99 proof!.:eek1: :D ...the other stuff was weaker,but still had a good kick to it..

But I had foolishly eaten a huge dinner hours before ( I forgot you "starve a cold,feed a fever")..I was bloated all night,and every time I took a breath, my gut made a noise like a lion roaring...like half a burp,but the "belch" part wouldnt come out!..felt like I was going to pop....:( ..post nasal drip had filled my stomach..I was queasy BEFORE I drank the nips,nevermind after..

Then about 1 am the projectile vomiting started..:doah: :yikes:..good thing I had a newspaper handy to put on the floor in my shop,or I'd have a nice mess to clean up....(I put the whole mess in the wood stove!--glad I had a good fire going in it!:p: )...

I didn't bother breaking the seal on the Southern Comfort bottle after that--just headed for bed,and prayed I didn't toss more cookies in my sleep..

Yesterday was a beotch too,but thankfully no more peuking!..I was able to sip some of the Southern Comfort,and actually eat a can of soup and a whole row of saltines,without getting nauseous ..

Have gallons of snot pouring out of my nose like a faucet now!..I was considering putting a gutter and a bucket on my nose..still dripping like crazy today,went thru a whole box of kleenex already!....I'm coughing,and my whole body feels like I got hit by a bus..

Have a doctor appointment at 3:15 PM today,but that was for other ailments,didn't have this cold when I scheduled the appointment!..my left arm has been sore,I think I might have broken a bone in it or my shoulder--now this will likely delay having that taken care of..hope no one at the doctor gives me any other frigging diseases!..:doah: hope they prescribe some good drugs,I need some right about now..

The only good news is that bottle is still about 3/4 full!..:laugh: ..but I'll be "on the wagon" for a few days most likely,till this clears up I guess..sucks being sick...:mad:

My sister had that inner ear infection that caused vertigo,and it took her months to finally beat it!..glad I dont have that!...:eek1:

I suspect I have bronchitis again,feels just like when I had it last year,and needed prednidone,atsma inhalers,and antibiotics for 2 months to finally beat it..hope this isn't a repeat of that....:(