Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

snow level

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by chubbybob, Dec 16, 2003.

1. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

does anyone know what the snow level is around mt hood or st helens this week?

we have a snow run planned for zig-zag rd on the north side of mt hood this sunday but some friends of mine over at oregon motorsports said it has warmed up so we might be S.O.L. can any of you see larch mountain or even silverstar
    if there is snow up there we shouldnt have any problems finding any on hood. I guess if all else fails we could do browns camp both weekends. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Another one

So far looking like 6000-7000 ft snow level and a chance of rain this weekend.

4. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    One weather page

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the link but unless weather has changed up there in last few years im lost.
    the site said ski bowl would have a low of 16 and a high of 22 degrees but with rain? last I heard it snows at any thing under 32 degrees oh well. looks like a shitty christmas for snow wheeling. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I was up on Silverstar and Larch Mountain this last Saturday. No snow at all. The probably won't be this week either. It's plenty muddy, but no snow at all. Never even got to put it in 4WD /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif There isn't much at Zig-Zag either.

6. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was up on Silverstar and Larch Mountain this last Saturday. No snow at all. The probably won't be this week either. It's plenty muddy, but no snow at all. Never even got to put it in 4WD /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif There isn't much at Zig-Zag either.

[/ QUOTE ]

that sucks.
    ive got some friends in vancouver that called me a couple weeks ago and said they were up at the lookout on siverstar and there was atleast a foot and it was snowing hard plus larch had snow just past 4 corners up on jackson pass.
    oh well any one up for some wheeling this sunday? I guess mud is sounding like some fun. rockcrawling down here is getting boring.

what about cedar swamps up by skamania mines rd. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    any one up for some wheeling this sunday

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'd be up for it, but my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif is in many different pieces right now /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I am hoping to have it all back together by Christmas though. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

8. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    any one up for some wheeling this sunday

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'd be up for it, but my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif is in many different pieces right now /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I am hoping to have it all back together by Christmas though. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

we are also going to browns camp on the saturday after christmas. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    we are also going to browns camp on the saturday after christmas.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I might be able to make that. If you don't mind a poser rig (1/2 ton on 38's) tagging along It'd be fun to test out my new junk! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I have all the basics for wheeling, just not a 1 ton or a winch, or lockers, or roll cage, yada yada yada /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    we are also going to browns camp on the saturday after christmas.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I might be able to make that. If you don't mind a poser rig (1/2 ton on 38's) tagging along It'd be fun to test out my new junk! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I have all the basics for wheeling, just not a 1 ton or a winch, or lockers, or roll cage, yada yada yada /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

im sure a couple of the guys going are open so it shouldnt matter. most of us have winches and are locked all around so if you cant get up something its easy just to pull some cable so you dont break your rig. plus thats what makes wheeling fun. let me know if you deffinitely want to go or pm me your number and I will call you next week.
    I am leaving vegas to tow my rig up to vancouver on friday and will be there this saturday morning. I will try and find a computer at a friends house so I can see if there are any others that want to go.

jekbrown was talking about going a couple months ago but I havent seen him on here lately. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

11. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

any new word on where the snows at? I was talking with cornfed on the computer and he said there was snow just past his place up in washougal that means the snow level must have dropped some. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

12. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

13. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's definitely dropped - you can see snow on the foothills from my house in Gresham - an absolutely gorgeous day today - Mt. Hood looks unbelievable right now.

Try this also........ NOAA weather page

And maybe this for road conditions help -

Oregon State Climate Forecasts

Ah, found the one I wanted..........
    Trip Check Road Conditions

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks alot that third link is perfect it shows exactly what I wanted to see.
    now I should check the sierras to see how much snow I will be towing through tonight. I just came into work to finish up a couple of things then at noon I am hitting the road what a change it will be going from the mid 60s and 70 degrees to the cold up there I cant wait.

14. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    It's definitely dropped - you can see snow on the foothills from my house in Gresham - an absolutely gorgeous day today - Mt. Hood looks unbelievable right now.

Try this also........ NOAA weather page

And maybe this for road conditions help -

Oregon State Climate Forecasts

Ah, found the one I wanted..........
    Trip Check Road Conditions

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks alot that third link is perfect it shows exactly what I wanted to see.
    now I should check the sierras to see how much snow I will be towing through tonight. I just came into work to finish up a couple of things then at noon I am hitting the road what a change it will be going from the mid 60s and 70 degrees to the cold up there I cant wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to help...........drive safe. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif