Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

snow plow on lifted truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Jan 21, 2006.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

anyone have one or ideas on how to do it so that there isnt anything hanging way down when the plow isnt on the truck? last thing i want is something to get hung up on hanging off the front of the truck. i know plows are meant for stock hight trucks but i dont own anything stock hight for very long

balzer

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

it depends on what plow and mount style you have. i use a plow in the winter with my truck and its lifted 4". i modified the plow mount and my bumper so i can take it off in about 10 minutes if i want to go play in the winter.

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I have a friend with an '80 Chevy 4x4 with a 6" lift and 37's. He has a Meyers plow on it. He did have to lower his brackets so the plow angles would work right, so they hang down a bit. But he still off-roads it occasionally.

I've had my plow on several trucks, but it's a different mounting system than most plows. Just the brackets stay on and the pump and lights and plow are all a separate unit. Last 2 years and this year I had it on trucks with 4" of lift. It's adjustable... but I find that mine works best with smaller stock size tires- which look goofy but do well.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here you can see the plow mount brackets. In deep snow they dragged, but never came low enough to dig into dirt or hit anything with 35" tires and a 3-4" lift.
    [​IMG]