Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

snow plows

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by baldk5, Dec 29, 2001.

1. baldk5

baldk5 Registered Member

Jun 3, 2001
    my 90 has a 4" lift and i want to plow next winter, i want to us a new Fisher plow. anyone do this? any problems? would there be a big difference between 33*21.5*15 and 33*10.5*15? any info will help, thanks

so many parts, never enough money
  2. get ready for frame cracks. plows are butal on frames. might want to get some reenforcing done to the frame when it's installed. as for tires, if your plowing and always in snow and ice, go tall and skinny. plus you'll need chains too.

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>
  3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Jul 15, 2001
    Up here in Vermont, when anyone ( well 99% of people) look at a used truck, and it has been plowed with- we walk away- it beats the snot out of them-- we own quite a few Chevy's with plows, from an 86 all the way up to one '01, and its not the best way of keeping everything in one piece thats for sure! Be prepared to sink more money in your rig fixing things

LOVING the new Duramax!!!