Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Snow Tires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Zigblazer, Dec 4, 2000.

1. Zigblazer

Zigblazer Newbie

I've Thought about the chains and I think they are the best Idea. Now I need to know where I can get some good 33x9.5x15 tires. Like Buckshot Mudders or another good snow tire. I may have to go with BFG A/T's. I really didn't want to spend that money if I didn't have to. If you know where I can get a good all around set of snow tires let me know. Thank You.

ZiG

2. Eric

Eric Registered Member

Looking for chains for my 32" BFG AT KO's also. Anyone have good recommendations on where to purchase or what brand? Don't want anything thats going to chew up my sidewalls.

Thanks

One eyed super fly- watch out!
    86 K5 Blazer

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Not sure where you guys are located (since I see nothing in your profiles about location) but Les Schwab in the Pacific NW supposedly has or can get chains for darn near any size tire.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

4. REDNECK

REDNECK Registered Member

I just went to pep boys and bought a set of 33x12.50-15 for 60.00 a tire. They are Futura Dakota RVT and they a similar tread design as BFG's. I went out in the snow which then turned to mud and they will dig till they "bite in." I just did not have the money for BFG's. They are 6ply. They don't have the tri-guard sidewall though. BFD. Hope this helps.

5. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

My 35x12.5xR15's sucked in the snow this weekedn... untill I aired down to 9psi... then all problems dissappeared till i went into a hole... :)

Just air down for the snow...
    My buddy spend 97 dollars on chains for the same tires and he didnt make it as far as I did...
    Dont waste money on chains!!!

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

tirechain.com has some of the best prices around. They are cheaper than autozone. At autozone, it was 100 bucks for a pair for my 31's. It is half that at tirechain.com