Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Snow wheelin/sledding run this Sat.

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by shane74, Jan 3, 2005.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

With the local weather forcast for snow (WOOHOO!!!) I am doing an easy run this weekend. I will be headed from Silver Star Mtn. to McKinley Ridge this Sat. I was up there a couple days ago and was cutting first tracks in about 2 ft. of snow (had a FRIGGIN' BLAST!!!). It will take most of the day to get up there, make the run, and do some sledding/tubing in between. After that, we could all head back to my place for grub n' beer or whiskey, or vodka, or te-kill-ya, or...whatever...If anyone is interested in heading up with me (I will have my wife, Candace, and our son, Hunter with me) please post up and I'll PM you directions to my place along with a contact phone number.

The only thing I request is that since there will be kids around is that the potty mouths are kept to a minimum [​IMG] (I'm usually one of the worst offenders [​IMG]

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Did you say whiskey....LOL...:whistle:

3. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

About what time? My kids are dying to go play in the snow...well okay so am I :grin:

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Time is flexible, but with the sun going down by 4:00, it'd be better to go earlier than later. It gets cooooooooooooold up there after dark. I'd like to head up no later than 10:00 a.m. if possible.

My buddy Dave spent the night up there last winter w/ a dead battery. No heat or lights...froze his arse off.:eek1: :haha: At least he had his dog to snuggle with and keep him warm :whistle: :eek1: :rotfl:

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Why yes I did....One of these days, I'll have to swing by yer place with a bottle..'course it's gonna have to be a big bottle so we don't run out like we did last time :D

6. JDBlazer454

Well count me out I gotta work :frown1: That and I don't trust my Pumpkin well enough yet...not even sure if the 4wd works or not :grin:

7. JDBlazer454

How did the trip go? pics?

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

If your talking about the trip Shane took to the liquor store, I'm guessing well....:D

9. JDBlazer454

Got pics of that :haha:

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Well...I took a trip to the mountains..sorta...I went THROUGH the pass on my way to the beach. We got invited for a last minute free weekend at a beach house with some good friends of ours. Free is my kinda price, so we packed up and took off! I am hoping to make it up there this weekend though. The freezing level is supposed to stay at the 1000' or lower this week, so there should still be plenty of snow to play in.

11. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Why yes it did. I got the big bottle of EB so I won't have to go back again for at least another week or so.:thumb:

12. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Nope, no pics...I'm getting tired of breaking peoples cameras and having to replace them. It's not my fault I was born w/ this face.:tongue1: :screwy: :grin:

13. JDBlazer454

That sounds like it was fun :)

I am keeping my fingers crossed for snow. Did anyone see it snow last night about 1:30 to 2? Was very pretty only lasted about an hour and nothing stuck like before. The news was saying tuesday night will be our best chance to see snow at sea level :woot:

14. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

We have at least a foot of snow from this weekend over here... I could bring you a truck load for $100 :grin: