Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SNOW!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tomseviltwin, Oct 31, 2004.

1. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Damn, just looked outside.

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I wish it snowed more here, last year we got 2" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. tomseviltwin

Your not due snow for another 2 years then. I lived in Dallas, so I'm familiar with the 3 year cycle. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It's suppose to snow here tonight..... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

it snowed heavily for 10 minutes last night, then the sky was clear /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

we probably wont get any more snow here for 10yrs, last yr we had 18" over 2 days........course it was gone in 3 more days....

7. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif NO SNOW NO SNOW /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8. paulmoon

paulmoon 1/2 ton status

It's snowed here twice so far. My house is at 6000 ft in the Sierra's, so snow is quite normal. BUT...It's a LITTLE early!! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    My Truck is still in the shop hav'n the cage, bumpers etc built, so I'm having to beg, borrow, steal, 4x4's to get around some times. This mornings clear and cold. It looks like I'll be dropping in the new motor in the winter cold.
    But at least the snow has stopped! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i'm with you,i hate snow.and the only ice i want to see is in the trays in the freezer. winter is useless. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I like nice, deep snow... It's when it turns into ice that I don't like it... I'll always remember the blizzard of last year, because I was the only one dumb enough to be out on the roads... Doing 50 mph... plowing through huge snow drifts... I spun out once, but that's about the only ice I remember seeing /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

11. tomseviltwin

I'm at 4300 feet and this is our first snow this year. At 10000 feet the ski resorts are already open. If the snow just stayed in the mountains, I would have no complaints /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif How tall are the Siera Mnts?

12. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

It's supposed to start here later tonight and snow off and on all through the day on Monday. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just started snowing here. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif I hope it keeps snnowing till spring. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

well guess what, after I posted this my neighbor told me he heard(then my mom backed up the story) that this winter is supposed to be worse than last. They said it would make that 18" last yr look like nothing. Im sure thezentree(beach guy) is gonna love that. John, dig out your winter coat lol.

15. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

shut your mouth chris, i will find a way to convert an oxy-acetelyne torch into a mobile heater. either that or just not go to class /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Snowed last night here but didn't stick, went up to 10,500 feet on the Mesa Sat., at least a foout of smow that day, and maybe 5 feet already layin there. Woohoo! break out the skis.

17. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

We got a skiff of snow last night.

I bought a new board a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait to hit the slopes.

gjk5, do you ski Powderhorn? I'm going to be out there for Thanksgiving. Will it be open?

18. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, Powderhorn's pretty cool. I think they added 5 new runs this year. So far the projected open date is Dec. 9, but they said if they keep getting snow it'll be earlier. Keep in mind, if they're not open yet you could cheat and do "Old Powderhorn", it's just up the road where the runs used to be and if you take a driver, you can drive up top (7-8 min.) and have a good run down, and then head backup again. I saw several people already doing that on Sat.

Drop me a PM if you have some extra time over Thanksgiving, we might be able to head up to the desert for some mud and shootin. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. paulmoon

paulmoon 1/2 ton status

The mnt's in the Sierra arn't as high as the rockies. Mostly 8ooo to 11000 in places. Here in the Truckee area they're mostly 8000+. Truckee does get some of the deepest snow in the continental USA. But not dry like in colorado or Utah. Oh well. Hey we do have 12 ski areas with in 45 min of my house. Better wax my board and sharpen the edges! /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

20. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

it's coming down here like a pinata filled w/ tequila It's all over the place /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif