Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Snow...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Capman2k, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Woke up this morning to snow... and lots of it for overnight :) only problem is I can't find my gloves....

Got everything all scraped and warmed up and hopped in... waited to regain feeling in my hands while I plugged in the CD Player... Noticed there was no way I was getting to school on time unless I hurried and probably wrecked the Blazer a few times... so I took off taking my sweet time. Got to the stop sign and found out that the street was just a sheet of ice as I slid to a stop. Okay, took off slowly with my wheels spinning (thought about throwing it into 4Lo but didn't want to get out and lock the hubs with people behind me) Went down the highway going 30mph... had to stop at every light but one, saw a couple wrecks, and finally made it to school 15 minutes late...

Good thing I have a nice teacher who didn't mark me absent because of the ice :) What a load of fun, but I think next time I might use the lower gears...

79 K5 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/capman2k/>Go Here</a>
    Wyoming doesn't exist, the map maker just needed to fill the space above Colorado[​IMG]

2. lugnut

lugnut 1/2 ton status

Sounds like fun. Some people have all the luck.It rarely snows here.But when it does 2 inches shuts everything down.

78 sub 454. Big as a tank and hard on my bank.

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Snow period...shuts down everything here...shoot temps below 20 used to cancel high school....its probably still about the same

What? You think the hole is too deep? Lemme see...
    1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

4. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

Sigh.. it's almost here.

We had a sprinkle this weekend also

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.whiteknight.scriptmania.com/>http://www.whiteknight.scriptma
    nia.com
    </a>

5. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

We had some snow today in KANSAS CITY METRO!!!!!

6. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Already had it snow up here a few weeks ago. Fortunately it melted the next day. I'm just not ready to deal with the white stuff yet.

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]

7. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i'm from massachusetts and my friend aready got his plow ready........it's not gonna snow though for a while ....but that just tells me winters coming

high

8. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

No snow in southern maine yet, thankfully, but I probally should get the plow all ready and set up for the first snow!!!! "sigh" this is gonna stink.
    Ben 87 jimmy

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Drove home with the top off the Supra in short sleeves. [​IMG]

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

10. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Wore shorts to work today. Dang near froze to death, It was only in the high 80s today! BRRRRRRR! HEHEHEHEHE!

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

NO!! Not snow!!

First snow, I lock my hubs. They don't get unlocked until Febuary or March. I hate snow. I don't often drive in 4wd down the road, but I refuse to put my truck in a ditch and have to dig for my hubs like my friends have. I haven't yet put it in a ditch by accident (have on purpose to pull people out) but I'm too afraid that if I leave my hubs unlocked sometime, I'll be screwed.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

12. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

I do the same thing when the first big snow hits and I don't unlock my hubs until sometime in February. I don't use the 4x4 on the road at all but in the even that I should end up in the ditch, I would be to lazy to get out of my truck and lock them in.

<font color=blue>'90 Jimmy</font color=blue>

Web page - http://coloradok5.com/gallery/album08

13. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Snow what's that?????? We don't get that stuff here in CA........LOL

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Gokartergo>KLICK</a>

14. Tatman

Tatman Registered Member

Last year we had a little stick the second week in Oct. Was up in Michigan salmon fishing that weekend. Kinda expected it this year too, so I went fishing a week earlier. The weather man said chance of flurries over nite but no snow here yet... though I expect it will start coming soon. Winters here have been pretty mild the past 20 years compared to when I was a kid. We're due.

I lock my hubs too as long as snow is on the ground. But if we're going thru a dry spell I unlock them til the next time. Front tires are wearing too fast as it is. Spring = engine swap and axle rebuild/alignment. Just get me thru one more winter...

Brian
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.saddletramps.com/BlazerK5.htm>www.saddletramps.com/BlazerK5.htm</a>

15. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

fellow masshole whats up. love the snow, makes for a much smother ride going down the power lines.