Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Snow

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RATAH, Feb 16, 2003.

1. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

we got 6inches of snow and ice
    and suppose to get 6 to 24 tonight
    Kinda fun
    but i dont have a front driveshaft /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    or i would be having some fun

2. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

I have 6 now, working on 8 and still coming down. I went tooling around the parking lot of my apt complex. 35"BFG's didn't need the front driveshaft. Yet.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

we had rain the night before this new snow and then it all froze solid and now all the snow is on topof that ice, weather is odd again this year, snows and stays around for a while til it gets just above freezing and start metling and then gets muddy and then rains a bunch and thne all freezes upand then it snows again,over and over cycles..

i guess its supposed to maybe hit as high as 40 on tuesday,

wierd.

doing ok with 2wd so far, the hardest part is the driveway, this block is on a slope all the way down to the RR tracks a couple blocks south of here, if you dont back out or drive just right then you get stuck and buried in it

good luck

4. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

ive only got 31x10.5x15's goodyear workhorse
    soon to be 35's prolly the walmart brand

5. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

We were supposed to get a foot of snow but somethin happend and now its supposed to be 6 inches of ice /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif NOT FUN!!!! But hey I suspect Ill be out of school for at least 2 days

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

didn't know walmart sold a brand that came in 35s. I know Futuras top out at 33s.

7. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I've got some cheap 31" tires on my blazer. They are directionals and do REALLY well in snow. Today was my first time getting stuck in any condition /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Its was only a 5 foot snow drift ! The city truck was right behind me it took 5-6 times for him to push through it the first swipe, then he came back at least three times trying to clean out the sides of the road!
    I have a snow plow on the front of my blazer, I had it set about a foot off the ground and took all flying into it. I got a good 25 feet into it (about 10 feet from the other side of the drift) and had to get the yukon to yank me out /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Thats when the city truck came down the road behind us and cleaned it out.
    We live on the edge of town with fields surrounding us so we get some GOOD drifts. Its much more fun without the plow. I did find out some things about the blazer though. Its not posi front or rear! After plowing for a little while bouncing through drifts I lost Power steering. Popped the hood and the Power steering lines split at the frame, so the plow truck is out of commision for a while! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I have 6 now, working on 8

[/ QUOTE ] hmmm, need i say more!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

wow thats cool, don't look back either. Doubt they make a 37s /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Have about an inch already and it just started an hour ago.

11. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

12. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

Aww damn. Walked right into that one, didn't I?

13. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i was on my way home from a party in the 84 last nite and some snow caught the tire as i was going over the railroad tracks and almost pulled me into the creek. it was pretty damn close. but my suck ass tires couldnt get my out. they are mudding tires...31" worn down with about 25% tread left. i ended up getting a helping tug from a heep cheerokee. so ive stayed inside today. i was so close to getting out the 79 even though the engine is messed up, but i already took the insurance off of it and didnt wanna try n e thing stupid......Now, just gotta sell the 84 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif and get that 454 in /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

yea, i couldnt resist either /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif i am sure that if i didnt do it another fine person from this site would have. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. K5on38s

K5on38s Registered Member

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

looks familiar... snow piles at the local hang out have been fun /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. K5 made it the highest last time around. Higher than the long wheelbase trucks that cheat cause they keep their back tires on pavement longer. Scared me bad last time though made it half way up and bam front end jumped off the pile. It kicked out of 4wh hi and scared me bad. Rolled back a little and stopped, I stopped with my back tires in the spot where the jeep wagoneer the night before had made ruts with his front tires /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

17. K5on38s

K5on38s Registered Member

i hit that pile a few days ago and made it about to the top and burried it lol /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Cool, had a blast in the snow up at Tellico last month. Wrong forum, though.

19. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I have a minimum of 12" outside right now, more like 15" and they say the heavy stuff should start in about 1.5 hours /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

20. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

wow we have like I am gonna guess 3-4 inches in the past 3 hours. haven';t plowed yet, wish i didn't sell the sled last year. My dad has his but he is going riding later.