Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Snowed in..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 87BrnRsd, Dec 7, 2006.

1. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Yep..you heard it, im snowed in. I know yall are thinking, how the hell you can be snowed in owning a blazer on 37's locked front and rear. haha. My truck is 2 hours away and im driving a rwd mercedes benz diesel (probably the worst car for snow ever made). My apartment is on top of a BIG hill, and I barely made it up 2 hours ago. I tached it at 3K and spun them all the way up. Its snowing like hell, and have picked up an inch in about an hour.

On top of that, I have about 2 gallons of diesel in my car. The low tonight is forecasted between 0 and 5 degrees, and im just hoping the small amount of diesel in my car doesnt jell up. :doah:
    -Harrison

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Is that what that is?:haha: :haha:

They completley f'd this forecast. They said a dusting on grass only. Its 19 outside now with a projected low around 0. Since I walked in about an hour and a half ago, my tracks are completley covered. There was about an inch then, about 3 now. ALL of the roads are covered, even 421 in boone, and 321 too which is 5 lanes.

And our road crew here is kick ass, but they didnt see this comming so they didnt salt the roads. The trucks werent even ready, and basically no plowing has even started yet.

-Harrison

4. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I lived in Durham, back in the 60s. If we got enough snow to cover the grass, then school was cancelled.:D

5. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Im hoping and praying they dont cancel finals tomorrow. My last two are tomorrow and im supposed to be going to charlotte saturday morning to help my uncle with some stuff. I just want to get these exams done and get out of here. I dont want to have to come back next week.
    -Harrison

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

so your going sleading in your car tomorrow morning?

8. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

:eek1::eek1: 3 whole inches :haha::haha::haha::haha:

9. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

haha your tires must suck. We got 6-8 in 2 hrs two days ago, and my car did just fine.

10. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

My tires are michelin x one's. They have decent tread on them. My car sucks in the snow because its a mercedes turbo diesel. When you push the gas, you have to give it at least 1/2 the pedal to get it to spool the turbo or your not going anywhere. Thus, in the snow, you either push the gas and dont go, or push it 1/2 a mm further and the turbo just makes the tires spin (if youve ever owned an 80's model mercedes turbo diesel, you know what im talking about).
    -Harrison

11. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I didnt say 3 inches was a lot. 3" is pretty lame for here. I live within 15 minutes from 4 different ski resorts (i live in the mountains)..and I know they are loving being able to make some snow along with the light accumulation we got. This 3" snow isnt anywhere near the first snow of the season...and its not at all uncommon to have 12"-18" snows here where im at (and yes, we have had 30"+ snowstorms here before). The wind chill for tonight is predicted to be around -20....the low around 0.

Of course those of you living in canada laugh at this, but it only takes about an inch of snow before my car can no longer go. And living in an area that is prone to large snowfalls.....I need to somehow get my truck up here. Im just too poor to afford to bring it up here.
    -Harrison

12. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Me and a buddy are coming down to Boone tommorow to pick up some tires, he says his buddy lives in some apts at the top of a big hill.... Maybe its the same place you live?

13. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

There are quite a few apartments here on a big hill. But if he mentions the words "kensington meadows" then thats me.
    -Harrison