Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Snowing in Oregon...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigbluesuburban, Nov 27, 2006.

1. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Don't got pics yet. But I will in a couple hours.

Now I know for the rest of you North dwellers it ain't no big deal. And our pissy little bit of snow will be unimpressive. But I got a 'panic' call from my mom this morning telling me that she needs her studded tires to get around the city. :haha:. I looked out the window at the 'snow' and I called her back and explained that there is not enough snow to warrant anything traction based, but she is insistent that she needs them. So I am off to dig the things out of storage and put them on at her truck at work so she can survive this "winter storm". I will put it in the words of the philosopher Smith, "Parents just don't understand"

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We ended up with just under 15"...and it only just stopped a few hours ago. I grew up around Edmonton Alberta and this looks eerily similar...just nowhere near as cold.

Traffic was pretty good this morning though, very few people out and the roads were so-so. All the sidestreets are buried, arterial and feeders are just bad, and the main roads are OK. Most people took one look outside and stayed home judging by how few people were actually out.

Kids have a snow day...schools are closed.

Rene

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

hey lee i'm sure it will all be melted by the time she needs em,LOL

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

We've got 2.5", and it's still coming down slowly. I'm in Centralia, between Portland and Seattle.

5. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Ya know, that is exactly what I was thinking... but she called 8 times... yes EIGHT times this morning saying she NEEDS her snow tires. It is absolutly obsurd. I got stuck behind a moron heading out of town on Harrison that was traveling at the breakneck speed of 22MPH. I had to follow that a$$hat all the way past the Fairgrounds.

Ya know, I understand being careful. I am careful. I give extra stopping and following distance. But snow tires, studs, chains, whatever for this little whisp of snow. It is just retarded. Ruckin' Fetarded!!!

I am going to stay home just so I don't have to deal with these morons on the road.