Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Snow's Coming......Slowly

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BurbLover, Apr 23, 2004.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Snow\'s Coming......Slowly

Well, it's almost 2:30 Fri AM and I haven't been to bed yet. I plow snow part time and were supposed ot be getting hit by a bad storm Thurs evening thru Sat early AM. Just got off the phone with the boss & he said to come in around 4 AM. It's just starting to stick to the roads. Been snowing for 4 hrs and it's finally getting cold enough to stick. I heard 30 miles West in the mountains (Woodland Park) has almost a foot already. Hopefully we get the 5-10" they're calling for. I need the $$ and we need the moisture.

Looks like it's gonna be a long couple of days with no sleep /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Re: Snow\'s Coming......Slowly

its coming down pretty nice here in communist city, /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif That means the mountains are hopefully gettin slamed. It just might be time for another snowboarding run /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Snow? Damn! It's 80 right now with 80% humidity....I love it! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Going to be 92 here today... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

My dads a truck driver and was heading east on I-70 to Denver yesterday when dispatch told him to wait for this storm in Grand Junction. Its 7AM and 70 deg here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

We've only got about 3.5 inches on this end of town. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Now they're talking about possible flooding problems when the temp rises back up to 68 on Monday. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I'm sure glad that I live up too high on the ridge to worry about that! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Hmm...we got a cold-front today so the temps fell to 78* right now....I need a jacket.... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Raining like a beotch in Grand Junction for about 18 hrs. Wish some snow would hit us. Another ski trip would be great but with the new kid it's not likely.

Jackass friend of mine calls me from S.Padre Island (TX) today "I'm sitting on the beach drinkin' a marg. looking at bikinis, 78 and sunny"

Jackass.

9. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

Man, I wish we still had some snow on the ground so I could my sled against my friends new Yamaha SRV 540 /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif But I admit plowing gets old really fast. This winter was really hard on the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif Hope the blizzard goes by without any problems.

-pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif